PDA

View Full Version : Who's Hiring?

microclimates
27th Sep 2010, 01:27
Hello Aussies,

I'm a Yank married to a girl from Sydney. I'm just about to get my right to work in Oz and, (CASA willing--dear lord what an interesting group of people!) finish converting my FAA stuff to CASA ATPL...

So the question is: what doors should I be knocking on? I think I have the experience to qualify for VB, J*, but their websites say 'accepting interest' in the hiring section, which is a formula I haven't run into before... Does that mean putting you into a pool until, one day, they start running classes?

Airlink, REX... Thoughts? I know it's kind of broad, but it's weird to dive into a different world, with no professional network established as yet!

Also, I might be a little thick but I haven't found information Re: Pay on the various carriers in Oz... where do you all hide this info?

Thanks for the compassion

novice110
27th Sep 2010, 01:53
G'day yank,

J* have just put on a few I hear. More a/c coming so they would be your best bet at the moment.

If successful they may offer you a New Zealand position though, which would be a tough commute from Sydney, particularly on the reduced T&Cs.

PM any specific questions you have, I'm happy to help.

tail wheel
27th Sep 2010, 02:31
Salary and employment terms and conditions: Fair Work Australia (http://www.fwa.gov.au/index.cfm?pagename=awardsfind): Award & EBA search.

"CASA willing"? You'll learn..... :E

bigairbus
27th Sep 2010, 04:08
Does anyone have any information on REX, is there any chance of scoring a job with them? I have had an application in now for a while, or is the only way in threw a cadetship?

mattyj
27th Sep 2010, 04:27
...through man, geez...is that how you spelt on your application?

troppo
27th Sep 2010, 06:57
Firstly congratulations on helping the gene pool in Australia. Us kiwis have found it easy for a long time to do the same. What's the saying? Beggars can't be choosers? Any way, I digress, do you have any sisters or daughters? I wouldn't mind a job in the US of A.
The best job going at the moment would have to be on the Mallard with Paspaley