View Full Version : ME Gigs w/o Type

pdub20s
26th Sep 2010, 18:42
Hey folks,

Im looking at some operations overseas that fly legacys. And Im just shy of 2k hours in a E145 but all SIC time. Any possibility of getting on with these folks?

PS I do have an ATP.

SOPS
27th Sep 2010, 11:27
Umm...exactly what is it you are trying to ask???:confused:

vserian
27th Sep 2010, 12:01
So you asking if you can fly the big ones in big airlines in the ME right??

Wizofoz
27th Sep 2010, 12:12
I THINK he is talking about Legacy Busness jets, and "Without Type" refers to not having a type rating.

I fly with Americans, and have picked up a smattering of their langage but, as a level 6 English speaker, it makes me about a level 3 Americanish speaker.

pdub- First thing to learn if you want to move OS:- Things (including professtional slang) are DIFFERENT from the US.

saviboy
27th Sep 2010, 12:18
Pdub, don't mind these guys. I understood you perfectly...the third time I read your post :)

I think Al jaber in Abu Dhabi has a few Legacy's. I m not sure if they would take First officers for the moment but you could try.

Aussie
27th Sep 2010, 15:24
From memory, even when AL Jaber was recruiting... they didnt want EMB 145 Drivers, but Legacy exp. Same TR i know, but they want the VIP exp.

pdub20s
27th Sep 2010, 16:02
Sorry for the obscure post guys. But yea, to my understanding if you have a type or SIC type in the 145, you can fly the 135/600. I pretty much have my CV in with every Legacy opp. in the Middle East. Are they slow getting back to you over there?

SOPS
27th Sep 2010, 16:16
"if you have a type or SIC on the 145 you can fly the 135/600"

I assume you can. Maybe you can type on the xd125 and fly the we111.... or fly inverted on the dx 124, or be SIC anytime you want.

Are they slow getting back to you? It would probably help if they knew what you were talking about in the first place...

CIAS
28th Sep 2010, 06:07
If you load up on sarcasm and arrogance like a lot of ex pat ME sour puss pilots you'll fit right in.

Give the guy a break, he's asking a question.

NZ X man
28th Sep 2010, 07:25
Keep shoving out the resumes but do not sell your self short. With that kind of time on type, you are ahead of a lot of folks. VIP is just a bit different, have to keep the aircraft clean yourself, put up with some fairly un-usual demands sometimes, but , OH and smooth landing, but time in type is important. Keep trying, things are showing small signs of a turn.

Cheers

pdub20s
30th Sep 2010, 23:00
NZ,

Thanks for the positive feedback.. Ill keep pushing the CVs.Any more advice?

ShinjukuHustler
1st Oct 2010, 04:17
Not sure if you've tried but Mena Aerospace in BAH also have a 600.

www.mena.aero (http://www.mena.aero)

Good luck.