PDA

View Full Version : Best US Flight School for CPL & Degree?

NewbieFlyer
22nd Sep 2010, 20:24
Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise which US flight schools are recommended for good "ab-initio to CPL/CFI ii" training and have associations with Universitys to gain a Degree, where flight training gains credits towards the Degree?

NewbieFlyer
22nd Sep 2010, 21:30
Hi SoCal,

I don't think i'm "going arond in circles", I'm just asking for information on options available, is that a wrong thing to do?

Ideally what i'd like is JAA/FAA CPL/CFI ii certification, and IF i could get an aeronautical degree on the back of some credits gained from that training then that would be an obvious bonus!

I'm not aware of what degrees are available, or course costs..... hence my appeal for information.

airfoil
23rd Sep 2010, 17:06
hey guys, which do you think is a better school. Phoenix East Aviation in daytona or FSA in vero beach?
I can't decide on which school to go. I have zero flying hours which means I have to start from scratch and I'm not US citizen too.:ugh:

NewbieFlyer
23rd Sep 2010, 19:15
@ Airfoil
As i'm in the same situation as you, i'm not qualified to answer your question. Even the experienced guys on here won't advise you to go to a particular school, they all recommend doing your own research into the various schools, what they offer, are the certified to train you, don't pay upfront etc
Take your time deciding, make sure you go in with your eyes open, don't believe the sales pitches you hear..... and as I have read many times on this forum.... trust no-one :=

Good luck with your decision!:ok:

airfoil
23rd Sep 2010, 19:56
@NewbieFlyer

thanks buddy! I'll keep that in mind but these schools are my narrowed choices already I just can't decide yet on which to choose tho.:confused:
PEA sure is way cheaper than FSA.