PDA

View Full Version : EK: Will Pilot Group receive 6 weeks of leave in 2011?

ekairbus
16th Sep 2010, 19:19
Does anyone know if Emirates will live up to their contractual obligation and grant six weeks of leave next year?

three eighty
16th Sep 2010, 20:01
I don't think Emirates even know the answer to that one!

Yossarian
16th Sep 2010, 21:58
I think that the short answer is likely to be NO.

CAYNINE
17th Sep 2010, 08:18
.....EK's current crisis is just the tip of the problems, just wait and see how they manage to beat, blugeon and abuse everyone next year.

Payscale
17th Sep 2010, 10:15
I have been year a long time. I have never not got my 6 weeks vacation. Maybe you are bidding wrong..

fatbus
18th Sep 2010, 16:00
I have and more, used carry over ( which was by choice) ,60 + one year, dont expect peak every year

The Zohan
19th Sep 2010, 16:00
Same same....many years in EK and ALWAYS got my 42 days/yr...

Not happy with many things, but leave is not one of them.

tz

MumbaiRadio
22nd Sep 2010, 13:23
Yep!! Always got my 42 days.. may not have been peak all the time but can't complain at all...:)

Gilligan
23rd Sep 2010, 14:31
42 days.....Ya right. Im on the bus and havnt had the full 42 days in a number of years...They always try and shove a few days here in there into my roster..which are usless unless you want to stay in the sandpit. So far this year 21 days and have 35 owing....

40&80
23rd Sep 2010, 18:59
Just see your Doctor and obtain paid sick leave away from base in your home country.
Pilots in the Middle East need their full entitlement tor leave each year just like the managers... otherwise it is highly likely pilots will soon have a health event which if it does not kill you will probably loose you your license... and...your job.
Have a health event down route like a heart attack or a stroke and just like Gulf Air with 32year service Captain Rad Gammage... the Arab companies will most certainly abandon any expat. pilot down route to their fate... and if you do manage to survive...based on their past track record... they will under pressure reluctantly after 30 plus days waiting and hopping you will die...only then bring you home to base.

FlyEmirates777
24th Sep 2010, 05:13
mgr at wash-up said leave planning for next year is for 52 days per pilot to recover the average of 10 days most pilots were shorted this year...

EGGW
24th Sep 2010, 07:11
Flyemirates777. That manager must be a part time comedian :{

EGGW

White Knight
24th Sep 2010, 15:11
Always had my full 42 days leave every year on the 'Bus - except this year when I have 6 days still due. Personally I;m not bothered by that - I'll just have more time away next leave year:ok:

ekairbus
25th Sep 2010, 16:17
I have not received my six weeks of leave per my "contract" and many of the guys I fly with are in the same boat.

If you are about to join EK or have joined recently then I doubt you will be receiving six weeks of leave for the next year or more.

To his credit John Ashford (EK middle mgmt), in an email to the pilot group this week,acknowledged that people are not receiving the full six weeks and does not see it improving until 2011.

The six weeks of leave appears to be another empty promise from EK.

Visual Procedures
26th Sep 2010, 08:47
Ekairbus stop sprouting drivel.

You DID receive your six weeks this year as per your 'contract'. It went into your leave bank. If you were unable to take it all then it will still be sitting there for you to use next year (or the year after depending on how long it takes EK to get its crewing right.)

To suggest that EK has robbed you of your leave and you'll never see it again is misleading and sciolistic.

flareflyer
26th Sep 2010, 09:01
Dear Visual,

how can you say that we did receive our 42 days if we did not use it??????

To get leave means to be free from duties and be free to go wherever we want.
I do not give a damn if i have a bank were my days of leave seat!!!!

If there is somebody that is misleading it is you not ekairbus.

Flare

emiratesf hucker
26th Sep 2010, 11:30
Visual, you ********.

So if EK didn't pay you your salary for an indeterminate period of time, but promised to make it up at an unkown date in the future, everything is rosy and fine?