PDA

View Full Version : Wellesbourne Airfield

Seaking Susan
16th Sep 2010, 14:26
Has anyone got any more details about the fly-in competition at Wellesbourne this Sunday?

SilsoeSid
16th Sep 2010, 17:21
I hear that His Holiness is flying by en-route to Birmingham ;)

Seriously though;

Wellesbourne News and Events (http://www.wellesbourneairfield.com/newsandevents.htm)
You are invited to join us on Sunday September 19th at Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield for a fly-in helicopter competition & BBQ.
Michael Littler and David Monks have once more joined forces to organize another spectacular parallel helicopter competition and this time are fund raising for the very worthwhile charity "Help for Heroes". The fun kicks off at 10.00am with a briefing round the tea urn, a course walk and a question & answer session before the knock out competition kicks off.

If you joined in last time please come again and if you wish you had joined in last time then simply email David Monks [email protected]. We can help you find a helicopter or find a crewman or if you are a crewman looking for a seat we would love to hear from you!

Simply email/RSVP your details to David to tell us you are coming and we can make sure there are enough burgers to go round for lunch time! The competition should end with a prize giving at 4.30pm.

A charity dinner in conjunction with Denis Woodhams will be held at the fabulous Arrow Mill, Alcester to raise funds "Help for Heroes".

Dinner will be served 7.15pm for 7.45pm and followed by a superb fund raising auction in aid of Help for Heroes. There is a vast array of worthwhile prizes up for auction – a list of which will appear on Wellesbourne News and Events (http://www.wellesbourneairfield.com/newsandevents.htm).

To book simply call Arrow Mill Hotel and pay for your tickets by credit card, they cost £20 each. Denis will donate £2.50 per ticket to Help for Heroes. Call today to book your place 01789 762419 and quote Help for Heroes Dinner. Overnight accommodation available

JTobias
16th Sep 2010, 21:48
SS

I presume his holiness is landing at the NEC?

Joel :p

SilsoeSid
16th Sep 2010, 23:09
I'll let you know Joel, as I will be with him all day. :p

Seaking Susan
17th Sep 2010, 08:15
Thanks for the info - much appreciated:ok:.

Helidogger
17th Sep 2010, 08:20
Is the Pope holding the fender? I've heard the Germans are quite good at this sort of thing? By the way do you think he'll be insured?

gruntfutock
17th Sep 2010, 16:42
Surely the Pope would be disqualifed for having outside help