PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne Police lasered

mickjoebill
16th Sep 2010, 06:54
The ozzie scrotes haven't got point that to a thermal image camera, a laser is as obvious as the glowing Arches of Mc Donalds. They discovered the message is the same "Here I am come and eat me":E

Mickjoebill

Arrest following laser pointer directed at Air Wing

Sunday, 12 September 2010 12:10
A 16-year-old boy is expected to be charged on summons after directing a laser pointer towards the police helicopter last month.

On Saturday 28 August the Air Wing was patrolling Coburg and while over Huntington Street a laser pointer shone directly into the cockpit of the chopper and struck the co-pilot in the eye just before 9.30pm.

Three suspects were followed by the air wing from Huntington Street to Carlisle Street into Glenora Avenue where it appeared they were hiding under a carport.

Police units on the ground approached the three males before one fled the scene.

A 16-year-old and a 17-year-old from Coburg were spoken to by police and released pending further enquiries.

On 1 September police executed an evidentiary warrant in Coburg and arrested a 16-year-old male in relation to the incident and also seized a laser pointer.

He was interviewed by police and has been released.

It is expected he will be charged on summons with conduct endangering life, interfere with crew or aircraft, possess a prohibited weapon, use a prohibited weapon and bring into Victoria a Prohibited Weapon.

Natalie Webster
Media Officer
VP5042/2010

Quick Release
16th Sep 2010, 07:22
:ok: :D
lockem up. have had this problem often, Carrum downs, south of YMMB.. OZ

SixAxis
16th Sep 2010, 07:29
Had this on occasion whilst working to SERPASU some years ago. Equally distracting however were the large hand-held high intensity torches you can get with an incredible amount of candlepower.
Some success when all we had to do was divert a unit we were working with to go and 'have a word...'

CYHeli
16th Sep 2010, 23:30
QR the POLAIR boys had the same problem just down the road from my place the other night. There is a rash of them at the moment.:ugh: