PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the Mooney at Chincilla today?

Jabawocky
15th Sep 2010, 10:26
Anybody got any idea how the Mooney requires Money spent on it today? :eek:

J

Wally Mk2
15th Sep 2010, 10:46
Sorry jabba I don't get involved in SE speculation:-0:-) Wmk2:-)

frigatebird
15th Sep 2010, 22:33
P'raps it needs an 'aitch'..

rioncentu
15th Sep 2010, 22:44
Mooneys need money spent on them all the time. Regardless of any incidents they get involved with !

PA39
16th Sep 2010, 00:57
:* "Mooneys need money spent on them all the time. Regardless of any incidents they get involved with !"

I disagree. I have owned a 231 and found the maintenance to be very reasonable. Admittedly i was the only one to fly the thing so t'charger problems were not an issue. i have flown and operated quite a few 201's over the years and always found them to be a fantastic little aircraft.

You'll find a lot of doctors and professionals fly Mooneys cos they are "cheap" to run and maintain.

Aerodynamisist
16th Sep 2010, 02:37
Yes but what happened to the one at chinchilla. I'm :mad: curious now

pilotmall
16th Sep 2010, 20:43
I own a Mooney. The maintenance costs on mine are negligible. No higher than they would be with a Cirrus or Cessna.

-Neil

Jabawocky
16th Sep 2010, 21:44
It wasn't the Floppy One....FLOPT was O/S......:)

Clearedtoreenter
16th Sep 2010, 21:53
I had a Mooney 201 and it was the most horrible, cramped, unreliable, dangerous, expensive to maintain, expensive parts, (if you can get them) pos imaginable. It even takes two to do a fuel drain!

(You love them or you hate them! Is there perhaps one less on the planet now? Maybe even just temporarily?:ok:)

RatsoreA
16th Sep 2010, 22:20
Cramped? I thought the seats went back a surprisingly long way.

A friend of mine joined the mile high club in a 201...

But now I to am curious, what's the story here?

PA39
17th Sep 2010, 07:46
The Mooney Bros realised that most 4 seater aircraft for most of the time only carried 2 occupants. Sooooo they built them skinny and slippery to go as fast as they could and burn the least amount of gas, which they achieved.

I always said that a Mooney is a little like an open wheeler......you don't sit in it .........you wear it!

I was clocked at 178 kts in my 231 by BN radar one crisp winters morning......and left a Baron in our wake. Into the flight levels, sucking oxygen, breathtaking GS, listening to the MP3.....great days.

Yeah, you either love 'em or hate 'em, but you could say that for all types I guess. :)