PDA

View Full Version : Final semester University student wants to do flying in Archerfield (Brisbane)

sgboy00
14th Sep 2010, 10:25
Hi all, I am a current final year uni student studying in the university of queensland, in my final year of my final semester. I will be graduating in december of 2010. After which I hope to do flying based in Archerfield airport in Brisbane. I have a few questions if you guys r free to answer:

1) I am currently 24 yrs old. My bday is on march 13th, so by the time I start flying by the end of the year, I will be as good as 25 years old. I am asking this in all seriousness.....Am I too old to be starting flying training ? It should also be noted that my ultimate career ambition is to join a major international airline. so....considering what I said above about my ambitions..... any comments ? suggestions ? I ask this in all seriousness because I am would not be willing to invest the 70+ K into flying if I was considered as too old ?

2) assuming my age is fine, I have been considering sunland aviation in Brisbane's archerfield airport. They seem to be cost effective as well as they train on the cirrus type aircraft which I must admit, really impressed me. They seem modern and in tune with airline style flying. Please do correct me if im wrong or if you guys have any additional comments. The more comments/ views/suggestions about sunland aviation the better...good and bad comments welcomed, so I would know what I am potentially getting myself into :)

Thanks guys and your views/comments and suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated ! :):)