PDA

View Full Version : Troy Aviation Aircraft - MBB

PaulDamian
14th Sep 2010, 09:50
Can anyone remember and tell me which aircraft Troy Aviation used???
Any VH registrations that you can remember would be good - esp Warriors.

I left my log book there about 15+ years ago and it has unsurprisingly disappeared. Looked at Civil, and MFT, but there is no sign of any books or training records.

I'm in the process of getting current and working towards CPL.
I've got the majority of previous hours recorded in the form of receipts from RVAC, about 38 hours, and I think I have a few more from Troy.

I was going to search the archives of the aircraft's log books if they are still flying to recover and substantiate my hours.

Anyone remember any aircraft regos?? They might be still hanging around at MBB. I think RVAC might have one.

travelator
14th Sep 2010, 10:57
The final years they were:
C172 WYG, MDR, MOW, RBF
PA28 PZH, CGT
Plus BMI (arrow) PNA (182rg) ATG (Navajo) and JQF the Seminole.

Waghi Warrior
14th Sep 2010, 11:02
IYK was their Partenavia as well.
Maybe try and get in touch with some of your old instructors as well,as they no doubt will have the information in their logbooks,infact that maybe an easier solution and the most accurate way to get the data.

Good luck with that one.

PaulDamian
14th Sep 2010, 11:08
Thanks for the info.

CGT rings a bell.

fulmar
14th Sep 2010, 23:09
If you are after your logbook, RVAC have a large number of old log books that were found after the demise of a number of past operators at YMMB. Of course most of these were the logbooks of those who did a few hours then gave up. However they have been slowly contacting those with identifiable addresses and reasonable hours to see if they can entice them back into aviation. Give them a call, maybe your logbook is in the pile.

43Inches
14th Sep 2010, 23:32
I was going to search the archives of the aircraft's log books if they are still flying to recover and substantiate my hours.
I think you may be refering to the daily trip sheets. The aircraft log books will hold no information regarding who flew the aircraft rather just maintenance history, unless your signature was on the MR.

The daily logs if retained at all would be in Troy aviation archives, which merged with Civil. When Civil shut down I think most records were destroyed.

There are a number of ex Civil instructors working at Moorabbin at RVAC and MFT. Contact them and you may get further information.