PDA

View Full Version : Sequences required for Class Endorsement

ReBjorn
14th Sep 2010, 02:24
Quick question for the instructors out there, I'm trying to nut out what sequences are actually required for a C310/340 class endorsement.

The class is listed under Part 1 of Appendix 1A of CAO 40.1, however as far as I can tell the text makes no specific reference, only being ultimately directed to 6.1(a).

Do people ultimately just use the syllabus found in Appendix III to the same part?

Cheers

TSIO540
14th Sep 2010, 04:47
Have you had a squiz at the CAAP's?

http://casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/262a_1.pdf

manymak
14th Sep 2010, 07:24
For a thorough endorsement you'd be looking at atleast two hours probably closer to three, depending on prior experience of course.

All the usual stuff. Upper level airwork, steep turns, stalls (clean/approach config) , manual gear extension, engine failure in cruise, engine management then onto normal circuits and finish of with circuit assymetrics.

If your doing it in the C340 and haven't got the Pressurisation System endorsement you'd have to take that into account too.

manymak
14th Sep 2010, 09:46
ReBjorn,

To answer you question a bit better. Now that I could get the link (CASA website working...for now).

http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/5231form.pdf

Have a look at page 2.

Johnny_56
15th Sep 2010, 06:30
Probably depends on whether you are paying or the boss is.

If you are maybe 3 hours of flying.... maybe 1 hour if the boss is

maybe...

ReBjorn
15th Sep 2010, 07:40
Thanks for the link manymak!

Question was coming more from the designing an acceptable training regime rather than what to expect (probably could have phrased question better!)

Checkboard
15th Sep 2010, 08:55
I did a Navajo endorsement in 13 minutes once .... :eek:

Fantome
15th Sep 2010, 11:22
. . . . 'bout the same time in the GOMAD with F Young . . . . squeezed in the rating renewal at the same time. . . . . . que hombre!

where can you go today to get C208 on the ticket without fuss?