PDA

View Full Version : "The" Aviation forums in Australia?

D-Iced
12th Sep 2010, 04:58
Can someone direct me to the most popular/useful forums for professional aviation in Aus? Something like (for those that are familiar) AvCanada? Any links are apreciated. Cheers.

The Green Goblin
12th Sep 2010, 06:14
You're on it :cool:

D-Iced
12th Sep 2010, 06:34
Really? Woulda thought there was an 'all Aussie' forums (even though Google.Au turned up squat). This is the best source?

Falling Leaf
12th Sep 2010, 06:56
De-iced,

I can understand your confusion. A quick troll through this forum and the word 'professional' doesn't readily spring to mind. This forum is really for the amateurs and malcontents, and sick bastards like me who somehow keep coming back in the hope of some sliver of real world intelligence in a sea of otherwise whining and pathetic one-upmanship.:ugh:

E&H
12th Sep 2010, 07:39
try pirep it's Australian

Joker 10
12th Sep 2010, 08:05
Don,t try Pirep no one goes there any more

Much Ado
12th Sep 2010, 08:11
Quote from Fantome

D-Ice, easy enough to check the numbers, if popularity is your brief. I started to add up the substantial number of threads, replies and views on the two DG & P forums, (weighted heavily towards the west side of the Tasman), since the start of this month and then thought why I am doing this basic research for this impertinent Doubting Thomas who in his very short enquiring post is careless enough with his spelling and his grammar to caste doubt on whether he is involved in the industry or one day will be looking for a start, in which case needs aim for the accuracy in all the fields expected of any competent aviator, at which point I would say to the usual heckling buggers who do not place literacy, as opposed to pedanticness, high on their agendas, please sit down, the people at the back can't see. (And your fathers smell of elderberries.)

Warming to the rant . . . . . Green Goblin, if you skim through his many posts, has some well earned cred round here, as have the hundreds who have raised the tenor of discussion on countless issues, whatever 'sick bastards' like dear old Falling Leaf may say. The inveterate knockers are usually more blinkered than great grandfather's carthorse.

On top of that, once you start to use the search function with some patience and purpose, you will find a rich store of information on many fronts, recent and going back years. Even material that would qualify for literature, if you have an interest in real aviation lore. The brilliant posts of the late Les Maikey ('Duke Elegant') come to mind.

Anyway D-Ice, welcome, please take a seat. The CO will see you shortly. Oh . . and you seem to have some of your breakfast still on your tie.

And on that note