PDA

View Full Version : Where is East West Loco?

nitpicker330
11th Sep 2010, 14:11
Haven't seen him post for ages?

Eastwest Loco
11th Sep 2010, 15:00
Right here Nitpickersan,

Just doing battle with the evil major Corporate travel groups as I am wont to do.

Your concern is appreciated.

Best regards

EWL

nitpicker330
12th Sep 2010, 00:20
Ahh gidday. I hadn't seen you post anything for ages and I was hoping all was ok in Tassy.

Cheers

nomorecatering
12th Sep 2010, 04:05
Ditto for me too

Valdiviano
12th Sep 2010, 10:54
Come to think about it, I have also missed your posts EWL

Eastwest Loco
13th Sep 2010, 14:19
Thanks folks - It's been an interesting 7 months.

Had my right big toe removed on 10 February due to a strep infection that got into the tendon tunnel but that all went well except what was left after the op was a meat market.

It has subsequently healed beautifully and has sealed itself and hardened off so all is good.

The constant question was regading balance. I was unbalanced to start with so it made no difference. The little toes are the balance sensors anyway.

In 9 nights in hospital I dropped 25 kilos which I could have well done without anyway. Still off plus a bit more. Hospital food will do that. Orange Irish Stew that smells of Tandoor spices??? Nah - give me the sandwiches!

Apart from that we are still trying to fight the good fight which IATA is complicating more and more as is their wont but we battle on.

My hope is all you good people are getting on well and that the forces of evil are being at least contained.

Best all

Ol' 9 toes

EWL

Fantome
13th Sep 2010, 14:39
ahhhh . .. . . Ronal' ole son. . . . . somehow 'the four-toed man' does not have quite the ring of 'the six-fingered man' (as sought by that avenging son, Iningo Montoya in The Princess Bride) and as an amputee it's unlikely you will see brought off or emulated the line spoken by the German doctor who, on first examining and seeing only one stump of
a Bader leg in that Paris hospital
when the loss of only that single leg was initially apparent . . . .

. .. . . "ah . . . I see you haf lost your leg before you lost your leg".

Eastwest Loco
15th Sep 2010, 13:23
Think John Lennon's Yesterday.

That toe had to go
I don't know, it couldn't stay
I sense something's wrong
Can't wear thongs
Since yesterday - etc

Find me some major Corporates dudes.

I need to finance ongoing beer purchases, a son in Europe having a ball and an 18 year old Z car.

Best regards all

EWL

Fantome
15th Sep 2010, 17:43
Find me some major Corporates dudes.

. . . well alright . . . . well OK . . .. . you win . . . .

if you can say WTF you find them . . . ..

Thinks . . . .. . handing out say 50 EWL cards with

endorsement with a bit of luck may not quite equate

to SFA Boags .

Sandwich boards? Hire the Chasers?

Put the name up in lights? Bring back Fred Hoinville?

Eastwest Loco
16th Sep 2010, 13:31
Thanks Fantome

I went through every marketing training course TAA and East West could find.

One of the marketing wankers East West Cargo (Chrish Koch I think) was recently jailed for X years for fraud and removing money from investors without being a bank or something similar.

I got into a bucketload of trouble by asking him if he could sleep at night after delivering his slimy marketing ploys. It seems I may have been right.

I can't rely on bull**** marketing. My crew and I can only stand on "us".

We wont buy off but will reward on the biggies. It is very hard to get throgh the flak to the target.

Best regards

Ron

Stationair8
17th Sep 2010, 01:13
Good to see you back on deck EWL.

After all that weight loss, you would have to be lashed down on the Devonport tarmac to avoid being blown away in the north westerly breeze?

Eastwest Loco
17th Sep 2010, 11:18
Thanks Stationair

The roaring forties have been doing just that this week with stinking cold souwesters.

It would take a little more than them to dislodge me as the clock ticked over to 125.2kg this morning.

Still a good result after the over 150kg mark and the scales screaming "one at a time please, dear God - one at a time."

Best all

EWL