PDA

View Full Version : Touring ~ Charter

Niceguysa45
10th Sep 2010, 23:39
Does anyone no what is required to transfer a aircraft from touring category to charter?

Niceguysa45
10th Sep 2010, 23:44
Err know:ugh:

bizzybody
10th Sep 2010, 23:47
Do you mean private /air work to charter?

There are instrumentation requirements depending on if it's going to be IFR or VFR and the engine / prop/s can't be on condition. Speak to your LAME it's not a big hassle to do

Frank Arouet
11th Sep 2010, 06:39
Does anyone no what is required to transfer a aircraft from touring category to charter?

The paperwork will kill you mate. Is it an "a" aircraft or a "b" aircraft?:\

napiersabre
11th Sep 2010, 08:13
What else changes when it goes to Charter Category? I imagine your insurance bill would increase. What other costs would? CASA fees?

Clearedtoreenter
11th Sep 2010, 08:57
You might need a fire extinguisher - that makes your plane much safer;) and maybe maintained in accordance with the aircraft and component manufacturer's maintenance manuals - so (E.g) ADENG4 will not apply, which some LAME's seem to think is a legal way of running an engine 'on condition' but only if not in charter. (I think that means past TBO and/or calendar time, which for example, might be 2000hrs or 12 years for many Lycoming engines). You won't need carriers liability insurance unless its actually used in Charter and then its the operator's problem who will need a Charter AOC with that particular aircraft type mentioned on it.

Always struck me as a bit strange that an aircraft maintained with components 'on condition' is OK to carry unsuspecting people for private flying and training but too dangerous for charter.

Arnold E
11th Sep 2010, 09:08
Always struck me as a bit strange that an aircraft maintained with components 'on condition' is OK to carry unsuspecting people for private flying and training but too dangerous for charter.

Well, what more can you say?:confused:

On eyre
11th Sep 2010, 09:12
New logbook statement required to show change from Aerial work/private to charter. Will also need periodic inspection with new M/R issued to show new category of operation.
AD/ENG4 can still apply to charter aircraft but calendar times as well as hours to run to overhaul become critical.