PDA

View Full Version : Canadian and American Pilots flying into Iran with Foreign Airline

Gards
8th Sep 2010, 07:45
Hello all,

I am looking for experience or comments of Canadian and American pilots working for foreign airlines that have service to Tehran, Iran. Do these airlines have pairing restrictions for Canadians and Americans? Are they allowed to fly into Tehran and layover for at least 72 hours?

Any comments or information is much appreciated!

Regards!

jackx123
8th Sep 2010, 08:02
Check with your foreign office they will have recommendations :cool:

metro301
8th Sep 2010, 08:03
Can't speak about the Americans. As a Canadian, we have diplomatic ties with Iran. There is an embassy in Tehran. Operating as crew is not a problem as far as i know. The airline I work for has no restrictions.

ironbutt57
8th Sep 2010, 08:31
Never had a problem, as a crewmember, there are international protocols..always been professionally treated..

newscaster
9th Sep 2010, 08:01
I dont know why people connect Canada with the US.

a747jb
9th Sep 2010, 10:11
Flown in and out of Tehran quite a bit with EK. Of course this is always a turn around. What I can say is that I have never had an issue what so ever and in fact, find the Iranians to be some of the nicest people in the region. Even the soldier that is typically at the bottom of the jet bridge stairs smiles and says hi back when I say hi. I can't hide the accent, so there is no doubt he knows where I come from. Can't speak for any airline that lays over there, but at EK, never had any trouble.