PDA

View Full Version : Expert Witness

bush pelican
6th Sep 2010, 12:45
I have a friend who was very badly injured in a helicopter accident in Australia, and needs to employ an expert witness to give unbiased advice relating to maintenance matters. This relates specifically to what should be checked in an R22 100hourly inspection. This would require someone with helicopter maintenance qualifications and extensive experience on R22 maintenance and repairs.

Thanks. Bush Pelican.

hihover
6th Sep 2010, 14:37
Unless your friend is battling against the Robinson Helicopter Company, I would suggest that they would be your best point of contact for a Robinson maintenance expert.

Nonetheless, just wait a few minutes, there are many experts frequenting this site.

Tam

rick1128
6th Sep 2010, 16:32
Bush,

The best place to start would be the Robinson R22 Maintenance Manual. It will lay out what is required by the manufacturer. Even if you are fighting the manufacturer, their maintenance manual is law.

heliduck
6th Sep 2010, 18:53
Bush Pelican, I'd be surprised if R22 maintenance experts will be lining up to volunteer for a court case. In Australia their is 1 person who has no peers when it comes to robinson maintenance but I will not volunteer his name. I'd suggest your lawyer earn his coin & identify recognised industry experts, & if he/she can't work out who they are then you've got the wrong lawyer.

krypton_john
6th Sep 2010, 19:49
... except he'll have to pay his lawyer $400/hr to do this research when there might be someone here who can just give the answer for free.

darrenphughes
6th Sep 2010, 22:49
Go to justhelicopters.com. They're all experts over there!!!:E

2 per rev
9th Sep 2010, 08:27
There are ample copies of the 100 hour checklist about - which bit are you asking about?

Which accident are you asking about?

The information is easy enough to work out without getting an expert opinion. It is either on the checklist or it is not.