PDA

View Full Version : Pssst wanna buy a Tucano

NutLoose
6th Sep 2010, 01:12
Love what they have done with the interior, but pray tell me what the heck are Hooker Harnesses........ is that in case you pull or did you all have to prostitute yourselves to get on the course? :E

1989 SHORTS TUCANO MK1 Turbine Military Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com (http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/SHORTS-TUCANO-MK1/1989-SHORTS-TUCANO-MK1/1161667.htm)

Global Aviation Resource (http://www.globalaviationresource.com/reports/2010/rswarbirds.php)

Picture link removed as to big, sorry didn't realise it's size as the item I used on the site is small, pic is still in the above link, just open it.

Dan Winterland
6th Sep 2010, 02:49
A Hooker harness is a secondary harness which is just a lapstrap and which goes over the primary harness. It's a 'belt over the braces' as well as being a very strong negative g restraint. It has a ratchet system to tighten and there is no give in it at all. They tend to be fitted to aerobatic aircraft such as Extras. This must mean that on this Tuc, the seat has been deactivated and they have fitted extra straps.

Peter-RB
6th Sep 2010, 07:06
Why decked out with RAF insignia, when being offered from the States?
Peter R-B

The Helpful Stacker
6th Sep 2010, 07:47
Why decked out with RAF insignia, when being offered from the States?

Perhaps because the Shorts Tucano mainly serves with the RAF or possibly because thats the last paint scheme it wore in RAF service.

In my opinion ex-military aircraft should be kept in military colours, otherwise you end up with the horror that is the Red Bull Sea Vixen and its ilk.

PPRuNe Pop
6th Sep 2010, 08:37
Nut Loose, have I mentioned this before !!??

Please adjust you pic size to no more than 850x850 but better yet 850x724.

You will note that the page becomes too wide because the pic is too big. You have set it at 1024 x 853.

Thanks.

Min Decent Ht
6th Sep 2010, 08:59
For that price why doesn't the RAF sell them all, get them refitted with all that cockpit loveliness and then buy them back. An autopliot and moving map, who needs anything else?

Ok, perhaps a HUD.
Oh, and weapons simulations.
And a bang seat, without S&M straps....

Army Mover
6th Sep 2010, 09:09
Not sure I would want to buy anything with "Experimental" written on it! :eek:

Wander00
6th Sep 2010, 09:56
"Experimental" - US FAA category. Experimental Category (http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/airworthiness_certification/sp_awcert/experiment)
BTW - how much did MOD get per aircraft on disposal?

Sook
6th Sep 2010, 10:22
For that price why doesn't the RAF sell them all, get them refitted with all that cockpit loveliness and then buy them back. An autopliot and moving map, who needs anything else?

Ok, perhaps a HUD.
Oh, and weapons simulations.
And a bang seat, without S&M straps....

What, like this?

Latest news from Marshall Aerospace (http://www.marshallaerospace.com/news.php?nid=68&year=2008)

will fly for food 06
6th Sep 2010, 11:17
Looks like the seats have been deactivated. No MDC on the canopy and the front seat has had the spikes removed that help it poke through.

3engnever
6th Sep 2010, 18:56
Yeah Sook, looks great but look at what Marshalls have done to the Tristar. The chances of that cockpit working in a real aircraft is highly unlikely unless you want to wait years for them to fit it properly!!

UAV689
6th Sep 2010, 20:12
There was a flight test of this a/c in one of the flying mags a few months back, they don't hold back when they restore them, the finish was awesome.

Sook
7th Sep 2010, 09:05
Yeah Sook, looks great but look at what Marshalls have done to the Tristar. The chances of that cockpit working in a real aircraft is highly unlikely unless you want to wait years for them to fit it properly!!

Touche Sir! I've heard they had to visit Brize during the test phase because some of the crew had never seen the mythical White Tristar!

Craven Moorhed
7th Sep 2010, 09:21
Does the glass cockpit Tincan have an automated nibber voice that says "BALL" every 30 seconds ?? ;)

Wander00
7th Sep 2010, 10:12
Anyone know what MOD got for each one?