PDA

View Full Version : Low time pilot job in Middle East

b_p83
5th Sep 2010, 08:13
Hey everybody
Can i get some advice from pilots working in the middle east ??

Are there any jobs in middle east for low time freshly qualified pilots at all ??
ICAO CPL/MECIR FROZEN ATPL

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated..
Thanks
;)

OMDB-PiLoT
5th Sep 2010, 10:23
No jobs in the middle-east or anywhere on this planet with what you have. You need an instructor rating or if you got the money, look into PTF schemes (apparently its frowned upon by working pilots who worked their ass up the ladder)

b_p83
5th Sep 2010, 12:19
Hey
Are you from AUS ???
its says
ATPL(F)
So you have the required exams but still waiting to get the full hours...
Instructor rating is outa the question.. whats RTF ??? guess you will have to do anything these days to get a job

Linerider
5th Sep 2010, 17:00
Qatar Airways have been recruiting low houred pilots for their Second Officer scheme. Send an application to them.

b_p83
5th Sep 2010, 22:37
Thanks for that
But i think they just uped the hours you need to join as SO so im open to any other place to now

OMDB-PiLoT
5th Sep 2010, 23:15
PTF - Pay To Fly

Look around, there are many topics on this subject. Basically, you pay the airline to fly. It seems, in the aviation industry, experience means NOTHING and you pay for everything, hours, type rating, sim sessions, uniforms, food, etc. Being a pilot now is worse than flippin' burgers at McDonalds. Those who have a job, are always complaining as you can see most of the topics here, and those who dont, cry about their career choice.

:sad:

Linerider
6th Sep 2010, 17:31
I met someone the other day who has just been offered a Second Officer position with QR and he has 200hrs and a Frozen ATPL.