PDA

View Full Version : Request for Noise Certificate for S92

windmill brake state
2nd Sep 2010, 02:37
Hi,

I'm trying to find a copy of an S92 noise certificate. I have found an EASA type certificate that mentions that the aircraft complies with ICAO Annex 16 etc but can't find a specific noise certificate. Does anyone have a link that may point me in the correct direction?

Many thanks.

WBS

212man
2nd Sep 2010, 05:56
It's in the last page of the Performace section of the RFM (Pt1 Section IV)

NOISE LEVEL CERTIFICATION
The S-92A Aircraft is certified at gross weights up to and including 26,500 lbs. in accordance with the rules and procedures for a Stage 2 aircraft of FAR Part 36, Subpart H. The following noise levels comply with FAR Part 36, subpart H, Stage 2 noise level requirements. They were obtained by analysis of approved data from noise tests conducted under the provisions of FAR Part 36, Amendment 36-24. The test and analysis procedures used to obtain these noise levels are equivalent to those required by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) in Annex 16, Volume I, Chapter 8. ICAO Annex 16, Volume I, Chapter 8 approval is applicable only after endorsement by the civil Aviation Authority of the country of aircraft registration.

The certified noise levels are:

EPNL (EPN dB) FLIGHT CONDITION
94.5 Takeoff
97.5 Approach
97.2 Flyover

The Flyover noise certification level is based on the S-92A noise certification VH of 150.5 knots true airspeed.

NOTE
No determination has been made by the FederalAviation Administration
that the noise levels of this aircraft are or should be acceptable or
unacceptable for operation at, into, or out of any airport

windmill brake state
3rd Sep 2010, 01:04
Thanks.

WBS