PDA

View Full Version : Get from Adelaide to Cairns

Brian21156
1st Sep 2010, 21:32
I need some advice in relation to trip to Australia in October. I need to fly from Adelaide to Cairns. From what I can see there is only 1 direct flight which is with Jetstar and this is early in the morning. I have a business meeting in the morning so that rules that out.

I was thinking of flying with Virgin Blue to Brisbane and then onto Cairns. If I do this I will have to go via Sydney or Melbourne. Does anybody know if flight routing with Virgin includes two flights can you check-in the whole way through and will luggage be transferred automatically?

I was also considering flying Adelaide to Sydney in afternoon and then getting evening flight to Cairns. Adelaide flight gets into Sydney at 17:10. Flight to Cairns departs at 19:20. Is there sufficient time here to make transfer?

Hartington
2nd Sep 2010, 14:56
Given that if you ask their website for flights from ADL to CNS you get offeed connections I see no reason why it won't work if you book it as a connection.

PAXboy
2nd Sep 2010, 16:58
Brian21156from Adelaide to Cairns. From what I can see there is only 1 direct flight which is with Jetstar and this is early in the morningI think it depends on day of travel, which you do not mention and if the meeting is booked then so be it. Jetstar website for Tuesday 26th October.
21:05 PM
Adelaide
23:40 PM
Cairns
JQ 964
(Airbus A320)

Aus380
2nd Sep 2010, 22:48
Qantas also has flights to Cairns via Brisbane or Sydney departing in the early afternoon. Bags are checked straight through with boarding passes for both flights issued in Adelaide. Qantas also offers complimentary in flight service. Just be sure to book both QF flights, not a QF/JQ flight combo as you would need to collect and re check your bags. Transfering flights in Aus airports is easy and as long as the flight is booked as one, the airline will manage any missed connections in the event of delays, etc.

Brian21156
2nd Sep 2010, 23:19
Thanks for the information. I have asked our client for permission to fly Qantas and Jetstar. One way or another I will be fairly sprouting wings by end of trip. I fly out of Dublin with Etihad on 2nd October. First stop is Sydney till 8th of October. Then onto Melbourne till Monday 11th, followed by Adelaide till the 14th.

Obviously from Adelaide to Cairns and then Brisbane with final stop in Sydney evening before I fly home with Etihad on 23rd October. Should make for interesting trip. Client stipulated I had to fly Etihad and Virgin Blue or they would not be paying expenses. All flights have been booked except for Adelaide to Cairns. Tried to ring Virgin Blue tonight but didn't get through for confirmation of transfer policy.

Aus380
4th Sep 2010, 22:25
Virgin Blue will also check you and bags right through and again transferring in either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane is easy as all the same terminal, etc.. Be careful which fare your book as some are carry on baggage only and they are strict, but I'm sure you are used to it:ok: