PDA

View Full Version : CASA DAMP reporting

thunderbird five
1st Sep 2010, 08:15
DAMP reporting to CASA for numerous aviation businesses will be required again from 1st September, and they’ve invented a four page Form 691 for these reports. CASR 99.100(1) details "the what" to be reported and 99.100 (2) details "the how" (in writing).

That form may well be not in accordance with the requirements of the DAMP Manual of a given organisation. It sure isn't I.A.W. the manual for the organisation I have to report for. Our manual was prepared before that form existed, and we have our own single page form which deals with all required items of 99.100(1).

What obligations are there to supply info on that form 691? I say "None!"
If I fill it out, there will be a lot of expty boxes, and CASA aint going to like that.:eek:

Wunwing
1st Sep 2010, 12:16
I've just filled it out for 2 different organisations and when I have non applicables, I fill out 0, just like before. CASA seems to accept that after putting the both DAMP manuals together in consultation with them.

I may not like the concept of the DAMP procedures, but I've found the AOD staff very helpfull through the whole process.

The new format is hardly very difficult.

Wunwing