PDA

View Full Version : PGW- the never ending story

Rose_Thorns
31st Aug 2010, 11:41
Mathematics and logic, a lost arts perhaps.
Would ATSB and Shell check the fuel load ?, you bet. Job 1. Fuel load and rating was fine.

Mathematical chances of two donkeys dying- slightly short of astronomical.

Expert opinion will weigh ALL evidence, not the scraps dished out by the media and the basic, mandatory ATSB reports.

This incident presents a deep industry based problem. One not to be measured against reasonable speculation or, the honest perceptions of folk who are not privy to all the salient facts.

Fact 1. CASA was informed 12 months before the accident that soon or late there would be a serious incident. Not for the first time. Did CASA miss the bus, again. I wonder.

The pilot' s mindset, at the time, must be considered in relation to how to best handle the situation. Nothing remotely related to managing the 'emergency'. But to the ground based response expected after landing. This is, IMHO, perhaps the most significant element contributing to this tragedy.

Errors made ?. Certainly, but why ???. This was initially, a competent, experienced pilot.

It' s time; the ATSB should make a serious attempt at defining exactly what, in an objective, safety related manner, exactly what was the radical (root) cause of this very avoidable tragedy.

FGD135
31st Aug 2010, 11:54
Not too much point to your post there, Rose_Thorns. You seem to be saying that there is some mystery to the crash and that ATSB should investigate and report.

Hmm. There often is some mystery about the circumstances of a crash. ATSB always investigate - one way or another.

Fact 1. CASA was informed 12 months before the accident that soon or late there would be a serious incident. Not for the first time.

If CASA sprang into action every time they received "information" like this, they would never have time to do any other work.

Capt Fathom
31st Aug 2010, 11:55
Rose!

You really do need to let it go!

Henry The Octopus
31st Aug 2010, 13:03
Rosie,

You do sound exactly like (that pathetic individual) Stink Finger and my gut feeling is that you are both one and the same creature.

The ATSB wil do its job - give them time. As for CASA, in your eyes they are on a hiding to nothing irrespective of what action they do or do not take.

Stink Finger
31st Aug 2010, 21:59
Wow Henry, you are so smart.

What has RT posted that offends you ?, are you a bit close to the flame on this one ?.

You do sound exactly like (that pathetic individual) Stink Finger
Stop it, you are making me blush.

Send my regards to your sister.