PDA

View Full Version : Dawn Patrol?

Sunfish
31st Aug 2010, 11:13
Wondering if anyone else is thinking about getting up at Oh dark hundred in a couple of Sundays?

...And the poor sods who risked death before the Sun was properly in the sky?

..No, not Citylink travelers :P

djpil
31st Aug 2010, 11:51
I'll be there as usual Sunfish - see you there (although I will sleep in and get there just for breakfast).

PLovett
31st Aug 2010, 12:01
Sunfish, the local aero club of which I am proud to be a member will conduct their annual formation flypast of the cenotaph. No, I won't be at the controls as aircraft anywhere less than 3 miles away from my aircraft scares the beejeezus out of me. :}

Sunfish
31st Aug 2010, 20:49
Plovett:

No, I won't be at the controls as aircraft anywhere less than 3 miles away from my aircraft scares the beejeezus out of me.

That's interesting. You would have enjoyed my Monday saunter around the Bay to practice my miserable class D radio calls. Encountered a Harvard and a Jet Provost (?) practicing formation work in the Point Cook training area.

Didn't know whether to take evasive action or try to join in for a minute or Two.

VH-XXX
31st Aug 2010, 23:46
Didn't know whether to take evasive action or try to join in for a minute or Two.

So you were going to formate a 95 knot SportStar onto a Provost?

Sunfish
1st Sep 2010, 07:20
xxx:

Nope. was in a Piper with those wheels up, wheels down, thingamajigs .

Anyway we decided it was sensible to get out of their way.

Sportstar would have flipped in the wake turbulence!

Pontius
1st Sep 2010, 11:04

Yeah, that's just daft. No way the JP would have the power to keep up, especially on the outside of a turn :)

djpil
12th Sep 2010, 10:38
Very pleasant breakfast on Sunfish's table.
I liked the female quartet, the singing as well as the uniforms.
Some neat aerobatics to round out the morning.