PDA

View Full Version : EK 25 yrs. Bonus

The Zohan
30th Aug 2010, 13:27
25 days for 25 yrs. Will be announced after Ramadan....:ok:

tz

BigGeordie
30th Aug 2010, 14:03
Ah, that would explain all the cold calls I've been getting from so called "financial advisors"! They can smell money a mile away.

And I don't think it is going to get any closer than that. Troll alert!:=

145qrh
30th Aug 2010, 14:06
I don't want to give them 25 days worth of my salary.:=

flaphandlemover
30th Aug 2010, 14:10
come on...

they only want 25 days over the next 25 years....:}

jack schidt
30th Aug 2010, 21:08
For those not informed, the 3 weeks of pay coming in October was part of the record profit share payment held back in April/May. Do you really think they would make 2 payments from the heart?

Aussie
30th Aug 2010, 23:27
Nope ! :E

But goodluck to yas, hope ya get it :ok:

crewmeal
31st Aug 2010, 10:55
Sounds like you have to be with EK for 25 years to qualify for a/the bonus!!!

Yossarian
2nd Sep 2010, 15:58
I heard we are getting 25 hours bonus. :{

Chewthecrude
2nd Sep 2010, 16:21
Yossarian it's true but there's a Catch 22 to it!:D

Yossarian
2nd Sep 2010, 16:29
Well, it IS the most perfect Catch of all! :O

Dropp the Pilot
2nd Sep 2010, 16:42
You need to re-read your script, Yoss. The line is "that's some catch, that catch 22".

Yossarian
2nd Sep 2010, 16:59
Excuse the paraphrasing, but it is still the best there is.

Michigan777flyer
2nd Sep 2010, 18:02
It will NEVER HAPPEN!!!!:sad:

Nightfire
2nd Sep 2010, 19:44
So what? It doesn't matter.
I LOVE flying! :-) I'd do it for FREE! :-)

Uncle Wiggily
2nd Sep 2010, 20:15
Nightfire: Right on brutha...."will fly for food!" I just have a real passion for flying and that's all I need! It is actually silly that people pay us for a doing something that is so darn enjoyable!

kiwi
3rd Sep 2010, 08:35
:yuk::yuk:

lowstandard
3rd Sep 2010, 08:49
There are going to be big bonuses if your name is on the fancy management flowchart in the OM-A.
:p TCAS
:8New Ed
;)Slaphead
:hmm:AARRR G

You Are Here-------->
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'--------------------------------------------->:ouch:

mini cooper
5th Sep 2010, 18:29
I've heard that as well as the rumoured 25 weeks bonus they may also give us a pay rise in the near future - its now got to the stage that they hope by chucking money at us the recruitment problem will go away!!!

Money helps but this will be too little too late. They should have improved the package (rather that reducing it) much earlier to get the recruiting drive in full swing with decent applicants queueing up. Consequently the high hours, ridiculous rosters which don't reflect your bids and more importantly for me the inept, untrustworthy, back stabbing management regime has become the biggest problem to recruitment.

Anyway a few extra dirhams to cover the ever increasing costs in Dubai will help a bit - that's if we get a bonus and pay rise?

Nightfire
6th Sep 2010, 03:34
Sure enough. At least some little giveaways for now. :hmm:
I just hope, when the current boom in the industry is over and things start slowing down again, we won't lose it again.

allaru
6th Sep 2010, 03:54
from WIKI
Indian giver is an English expression used in North America and Australia, used to describe a person who gives a gift (literal or figurative) and later wants it back, or something equivalent in return.

Given their past history of Indian Giving I doubt that EK will be trusted with any promises, or pay rises.

flareflyer
6th Sep 2010, 05:37
Just to know, who does say that we have problems recruiting pilots?

For what i know loads of guys are queuing the doors of EGHQ and the website to get interviewed.

Flare

allaru
6th Sep 2010, 05:55
Yeh, Im sure Mexico and Columbia are brimming over with pilots wanting to come to Emirates, why those guys would work for peanuts so why the hell would they pay those Brits, Aussies and Americans so much.....

CAVnotOK
6th Sep 2010, 08:35
I don't think it's such a problem with the number of applicants, but more a case of how many EK are finding suitable.

If 1 out of every 3 who interview are getting hired, than EK will need to interview roughly 2000 qualified candidates in the next 18 months to fulfill their target of 700 new hires.

With the continued arrival of new aircraft the recruitment drive is going to last a lot longer than the next 18 months. How far will they have to move the goal posts in order to avoid parking the jets??

Cav.

Laker
6th Sep 2010, 09:48
Allaru,

It sounds like you don't know what you are talking about. The average Mexicana pilot earns apprx 216,000USD/year. That's the average with senior captains earning much more than that. Cost of living in Mexico is much lower than Dubai. What does an EK pilot earn???? Looks like the Mexicans have to worry more about the Brits, Aussies, and Americans lowering the bar.

Mexican Airline in Chaos:FAA Downgrade, Flight Cancelations and Pilot Strike - Instablogs (http://jacqui.instablogs.com/entry/mexican-airline-in-chaosfaa-downgrade-flight-cancelations-and-pilot-strike/)

a345xxx
6th Sep 2010, 12:33
Certain Westerners seem to think they have a monopoly on high wages and believe good jobs are their birth rite......

Tough luck guys wake and smell the odor we Third World people have not only caught up but overtaken most of you just take a look at Singapore,Hong Kong,the Middle East there seems to be a lot of you looking for jobs there......

boeingoriaintgoing
6th Sep 2010, 16:56
A345xxx
You call this high wages? Think again Mr. third world. This is exactly the reason you are third world and will always be.

harry the cod
6th Sep 2010, 22:01
Laker

May I correct you on a vital error in your statement.

Mexicana pilots USED to earn that as an average. That's exactly why Mexicana has gone tits up. They now average the square root of F**K ALL! I guess our out of work amigos may become more flexible when it comes to salary.

Harry

a345xxx
7th Sep 2010, 02:01
WoW! I must have hit a nerve!!!! :)

Laker
7th Sep 2010, 08:25
Harry The Cod,

What's your point????

I was merely responding to the earlier poster who said Mexican pilots will work for peanuts so why bother paying Brits, Aussies, etc. The reality is that while the certain nationalities have been lining up to pay 50K in training costs to go work for the likes of Ryanair the Mexicana pilots were one of the last pilot groups in the world to demand good wages and workrules. Sure it ran them out of business. But only because too many pilots these days are willing to accept pay for training schemes and garbage wages in order to get command or build flight time. The casual arrogance from certain nationalities on this board can be quite tiring.

dustyprops
7th Sep 2010, 09:32
Lets go back to 25 days for 25 years. Much more friendly topic I think.

skytrax
7th Sep 2010, 20:14
getting back to the bonus...............no bonus!
Unfortunatly, it will be none. Asked this question recently to someone from senior mgmt.

8th Sep 2010, 03:04
Senior Management.. yeah!!! Very reliable source then.. :mad:

skytrax
11th Sep 2010, 16:31
amico mio, you might want to live with the idea you ll get something but you wont.
I wish It ll be true but it is not. just rumours....

White Sausage
11th Sep 2010, 17:03
So Ramadan is over...where is my bonus???? Hmmm, thought so... :mad:

break dancer
13th Sep 2010, 07:57
Yeah no bonus, but why all the cold calls recently from "fine investment" groups wanting to quadruple my money......

Lots of Europeans invest with them, and when I tell them I'm not a European, they say that it's actually for lots of different people - yeah right.

"How did you get this number", "don't phone me again".

MumbaiRadio
22nd Sep 2010, 13:29
Break..
well the same deepthroaths that gave up you number probably spread the rumours about the bonus to this finance gurus...
men I had a guy calling me twice a month untill 2 years ago .. was that annoying..:cool:.

Fearless Leader
22nd Sep 2010, 14:22
If you EVER believed that Emirates was going to give a bonus for the 25th anniversary................

I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

PM me for details......

Rebate
23rd Sep 2010, 07:15
Instead of 25 year bonus - new double sectors are introduced.
The combinations are:
FlightRouteFlightRouteFlightRouteFlightRouteEK837DXB-BAHEK838BAH-DXBEK843DXB-DOHEK844DOH-DXB
Frequency: Every Friday

FlightRouteFlightRouteFlightRouteFlightRouteEK841DXB-DOHEK842DOH-DXBEK843DXB-DOHEK844DOH-DXB
Frequency: Every Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat except on Tue, 12th October.

777w
23rd Sep 2010, 09:12
12 hours Duty ...3 and a 1/2 hours of pay ! That's more like it ! It has been quite a while since they did something ST*PID! :\

flareflyer
23rd Sep 2010, 09:18
No rosters out yet...........
probably they are looking at how to cover all the flights with manual insertions as usual............
What a shame..............