PDA

View Full Version : "And a voice that could make a wolverine purr"...

Unusual-Attitude
29th Aug 2010, 10:04
Anyone heard the girl that operates the north eastern flight watch HF frequency? (6610/8831).

Each time i talk to her, I expect to get a large bill for a pay per minute '1902' rate!

She just has to be smoking hot...a pleasant distraction! :E

Anyone else noticed?

capt_einz111
29th Aug 2010, 10:16
I would suggest you not follow this up!
A long while back, I was flying out of a field with a twr controller that had a voice just like you described. I went up to the tower after a while and was uhm... surprised... or lets make it.. disappointed... end of story

Grogmonster
29th Aug 2010, 10:21
U/A your comments have given me a great laugh because we were flying along the other day saying exactly the same thing and then my F/O relates a story to me similar to capt_einz111. Best to imagine how nice that lady is and leave it at that.

Groggy

Unusual-Attitude
29th Aug 2010, 10:23
Indeed...I've built her up in my mind to somewhere between Jessica Alba and Jessica Rabbit...maybe thats how it should stay...

...then again, where's that Air traffic forum? :E

Mr. Hat
29th Aug 2010, 10:27
Yeah have heard a similar one and thought t myself.. "Geezuzsss!..."

emeritus
29th Aug 2010, 10:34
Wise words indeed.

In the late 80's there was a lady in the tower at Tontouta with a very sexy accent. Fortunately I never met her so the image is still intact!

As a collegue once remarked..."you meet a better class of people in your fantasies"

Emeritus;)

Alistair
29th Aug 2010, 11:31
Good from afar, but far from good!

I was hoping for a snappy latin phrase but "bonus ex afar tamen recedentia ex bonus" doesn't have that ring to it!?!

Unusual-Attitude
29th Aug 2010, 11:43
You've heard of BOBFOC = Body Off Baywatch, Face off Crimewatch.

How about VOBFOC?! :}

OK, i'll stop now...:E

She does a very good job and i'm sure she's a nice person, there see, I can be PC!

triadic
29th Aug 2010, 14:44
Sadly, the "reverse rule" often applies.... better to check out those that don't sound so "flash", I have found!!! :eek:

slackie
29th Aug 2010, 20:56
Was working a few years back and heard a similar voice that sounded smokin hot! She was flying a Cherokee, landed and taxied to the apron just beneath the tower. A couple of pilots on the frequency also heard it and one particular outbound Saab pilot (taxiing for departure) asked for a "sitrep on the silky voice" when he saw her get out of the aircraft. And in this particular instance I was happy to report that "she was everything and more that the voice suggested!!" Talking to the Saab pilot the next day he said he considered "returning to the apron due 'engineering requirements'". :}

Unusual-Attitude
30th Aug 2010, 03:34
To be honest, she wouldn't need to look that special...just a husky rendition of, "Uniform/Alpha, SAR watch cancelled"...and it'd be all over...red rover! :E