PDA

View Full Version : Racal Rns252 S-tans

sycamore
27th Aug 2010, 12:50
Is there anyone who has `in-depth ` knowledge of the workings of the S-TANS,as fitted to the Chinook/Puma/Lynx (?) in the `90`s ? Thinking of Spec -Navs/Obs particulaly,or any one who may have possibly worked at AAEE during that time.Also, perhaps any aircraft engineer who may have done the appropriate courses as well. Any answers either on the `MOK` thread,or here,or PM would be appreciated to help the cause...

Evalu8ter
27th Aug 2010, 13:02
Think you'll find that it's still in service so you might struggle to get your questions answered.

hedgester
27th Aug 2010, 13:30
sycamore,

you have PM :ok:

Shack37
27th Aug 2010, 16:24
Think you'll find that it's still in service so you might struggle to get your questions answered.

sycamore,

you have PM http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

Or maybe not?

Tiger_mate
27th Aug 2010, 16:30
I am sure I still have a users guide somewhere; I will do some digging. If the question is did it ever 'wonder', then the answer is yes, and a 5 mile walkabout was not unknown. .....and before anyone says the obvious; the "Data in" was correct. In fairness, it was first generation GPS nav rather then Doppla & Decca that was TANS 1, but the fact remains that it may have contributed the the massive thread at the top of the military aircrew homepage.