PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities with CPL FAA and 250 flight hours

fra0015
27th Aug 2010, 10:46
Hi guys, I'm Italian and I want to obtani a CPL+IR+ME FAA at Skymates in Texas. At the end of the course I'll have about 250 flight hours. What are the opportunities of job with this kind of licences and this amount of hours? How can increase them? Many thanks.

fra0015
27th Aug 2010, 16:58
I don't have a work permit for US but I heard that with a m-1 visa you can work as a flight instructor, is it true? What about South America and Africa?

vserian
27th Aug 2010, 17:20
Well for now i think you need to concentrate on your studies and after you get your license then worry about the job.

BoeingDreamer
28th Aug 2010, 02:06
Also South America, first, you must speak Spanish or Portugese if in Brazil, you must convert to their nations license, that means some tests in Spanish theory + you need to have a work permit, which you only get if you are a national of that country or your wife is, unless that, South America probably won't be an option if you have low hours. But I have heard there it's lot's of work there.

But you have to get married to a South American girl, and learn yourself good Spanish.

punk666
29th Aug 2010, 12:52
FRA005,

You will infact have more than 250 hours at the end of the course because you need a minimum of 250 to apply for a FAA CPL.

Jerry Lee
29th Aug 2010, 13:39
And I think you will also convert your license to JAA, so you'll have others hours to add to your logbook.

Ciao!

GCA104
4th Sep 2010, 23:32
I don't have a work permit for US but I heard that with a m-1 visa you can work as a flight instructor, is it true?

Actually you can "work" as CFI on M1 visa provided the school enrolls you in an "ATPL" course which means you can fly until you meet the ATPL hrs requirements......

Mind that Legally you cannot get paid tho.

mcgoo
4th Sep 2010, 23:39
You may not work at all on an M1 visa, people who went to the US for training followed by a spell as an instructor used to go on the J1 visa, now I believe it is the F1.