PDA

View Full Version : Training for PPL in local Aero club

OnApproach
27th Aug 2010, 07:44
Hi all,

First time poster, long time wannabe..

OK here is my question, I have read many times that people have had trouble securing jobs with airlines because of where they trained for Multi, CPL, IR etc.. purely because of the training facilities downfall when it comes to equipment, and/or reputation of the training centre in the industry.. my question is this..

Does a pilot need to worry if he/ she trains for PPL in a local aero club that it will come back to bite you on the ass later in life when applying for jobs?

The reason i ask is that i work full time and am doing pilot training as a career change as i am in my 30's. This means that i cannot train full time as i need to provide and pay bills, so i will be completing training in segments.

my hope is that i can complete PPL (and probably night rating) in the Aero club and once i have that complete, enroll in a reputable training centre for Multi/ IR/CPL up to interview stage..

Thanks for your time
:ok:

XL319
27th Aug 2010, 08:28
It's not really important at PPL stage. Only bit of advice I will give you is watch out for the bar stool millionaires and instructors who are full of their own importance and NEVER pay upfront :ok:

OnApproach
27th Aug 2010, 09:18
Thanks for the advise man :D

oh and there is no fear of me paying up front.. too broke haha

cheers