PDA

View Full Version : Oxford ground school manuals

r44flyer
26th Aug 2010, 21:59
Hello, I have the first half of a set of Oxford ground school manuals sitting here. They are old, dated 2001, so the material may be a bit out of date, but if anyone wants to save them from the recycling bin for further duty they are free to collect from Sutton Coldfield.

PM me.

r44flyer
27th Aug 2010, 12:23
-Ground school 'intro' manual
-Powerplant
-Electrics and Electronics
-Instrumentation
-Airframes and Systems
-Principles of Flight
-Human Performance
-Flight Performance and Planning
-Mass and Balance

mad_jock
27th Aug 2010, 12:34
They are pretty much useless for anyone going through the system.

Persoanlly I would find your local Air training cadets and see if they want them. I used give our local lot out of date instrument plates and various bits and bobs. Even if the majority won't be interested there will be some young soul that will be chuffed to bits getting there hands on them.

duxfordflyer
29th Aug 2010, 01:17
That would have been me 15 years ago, I loved the incomprehensible techie stuff!

r44flyer
29th Aug 2010, 14:14
Good idea, Jock. Thanks.

UAV689
31st Aug 2010, 16:26
Madjock, I recently (within 12 months) passed all my ATPLs with an up to date course notes and fell back (quite regularly) on the old oxford notes, think mine are circa 2001, they are in binders!

After all weather is weather, gen nav is still stuck in the dark ages, a wing still works the same in 2001 as 2010, probably the only one i didnt use to much is air law, and even that a lot of the stuff is still relevent in the books (chiacgo convention etc).

To atpl students, it some times helps to have another set of notes to explain things in a different light.

mad_jock
6th Sep 2010, 11:37
I will give you that.

And its those very 2001 set of notes I have in my loft. Haven't looked at them since mind so I think mine will be going to the cadets as well.