PDA

View Full Version : Financial consultant cold call ..

nakbin330
26th Aug 2010, 11:53
I've just been contacted, out of the blue, by Roy Campbell from Regent Investment Consultants.

Any constructive comments appreciated from anyone who has had dealings with this company.

Thanks in anticipation.

Blown Seal
26th Aug 2010, 12:22
If you don't mind some advice be VERY cautious when dealing with financial people who cold call. I would be asking how they got your details for a start and if they can't give you a satisfactory response ... hang up. It has been my experience (much to my dismay but it was a lesson learnt) that these types will sign you up so that they get their commission and then that will be the end of any "advice" that you will get from them. They see their fees as an upfront comission for signing you up not ongoing management of your money.

Good luck whatever you decide.

yada.yada.yada
26th Aug 2010, 13:58
Here is a link to an old discussion:

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-309056.html

9th post down lists companies approved by UAE Central Bank. Regent Investment Consultants is on it.

atiuta
26th Aug 2010, 16:46
Scum bags all of them.

The number of EK pilots they allegedly have on their on their books, puts Goerings claims of downed RAF fighters to shame.

Sorry if I offended any Germans.....

mensaboy
26th Aug 2010, 16:56
Nakbin,

Think about it for a minute. You get a 'cold call' from some alledged financial advisor in DUBAI !!! In most law-ruled,and honest places on the planet, not only do financial adivsors NOT cold call people, they actually sometimes might even have a small semblance of intelligence.

THE WORST financial decision any person could make, is to take the advice of a ''financial advisor'' working in Dubai.

Not only should you run away from these clowns, you should threaten them if they persist in calling you. Feel free to quote me .......'' If you call me again, I wil advise the police that you are harassing me''

By the way, did his British accent make you think for a millisecond that he might have some knowledge of finances? In general, the Brits who come to Dubai in the financial sector (and realtors) are the most pathetic and stupid individuals I have run across. RUN AWAY.

You can thank me later but trust me, you will regret any decision to deal with ANY person in Dubai who professes to be able to help you out financially.

Mr Good Cat
27th Aug 2010, 08:03
Nakbin,

Think about it for a minute. You get a 'cold call' from some alledged financial advisor in DUBAI !!! In most law-ruled,and honest places on the planet, not only do financial adivsors NOT cold call people, they actually sometimes might even have a small semblance of intelligence.

THE WORST financial decision any person could make, is to take the advice of a ''financial advisor'' working in Dubai.

Not only should you run away from these clowns, you should threaten them if they persist in calling you. Feel free to quote me .......'' If you call me again, I wil advise the police that you are harassing me''

By the way, did his British accent make you think for a millisecond that he might have some knowledge of finances? In general, the Brits who come to Dubai in the financial sector (and realtors) are the most pathetic and stupid individuals I have run across. RUN AWAY.

You can thank me later but trust me, you will regret any decision to deal with ANY person in Dubai who professes to be able to help you out financially.

He's actually South African (or maybe Zimbabwean).

I've had the cold call too.

I don't invest that way.:ugh:

BigGeordie
27th Aug 2010, 08:15
I agree with Mensa on this one. There is no regulation for financial advisors in Dubai. They could be selling used cars one day and sorting out your life savings the next, with no training and no qualifications.

If you must use a financial advisor in Dubai try and get one who trained and passed exams somewhere with a proper regulator. There are several UK qualified advisors around and I have heard that some of them are quite good. I haven't used any myself so the "recommendation" is second hand, but I'm happy to pass on a name via PM.

Buyer beware, as ever in Dubai!