PDA

View Full Version : Anual leave Loading

nomorecatering
26th Aug 2010, 10:35
Apparently its part of my award.

But when does a company have to pay it.

1. When you take the anual leave

or

2 When ever they feel like paying it........possibly 6 months afte the leave is taken.

tail wheel
26th Aug 2010, 10:47
IF your Award includes 17.5% Leave Loading, it must be paid concurrent with your leave pay, either in advance of your leave or progressively during your leave.

The loading is calculated on the actual amount of leave paid to you.

Read your Award.

Jethro Gibbs
26th Aug 2010, 11:28
WHO are this company ?

206greaser
27th Aug 2010, 04:13
Wouldn't it be sweet if we had a union we could direct these type questions to? Instead of sitting around in the tea room trying to decipher this crazy award!

Cheers,
Greaser

P.S. Sorry I used the "U" word. I know its a big shiny red button!

mustman
27th Aug 2010, 05:01
Wouldn't it be sweet if we had a union we could direct these type questions to?

Well if you were a member of one you would. I call AFAP every so often about award questions. I can do this as I am a member.

Get involved!

urkidnme
27th Aug 2010, 10:43
Option 1....
Usual award states that annual leave,including loading should be paid on the commencement of said leave or within 2 days unless mutally agreed,if not paid within this time you are entitled to receive interest.
Leave loading applies to the first 4 weeks of annual leave,at the rate of 17.5% and is tax free until it reaches the threshold of $320 per tax year.

witwiw
27th Aug 2010, 12:18
Mustman, too true, However Gen Y these days want it all handed to them without really making an effort - let alone spending a few $$$'s to join a representative body and having a voice.

It's easier to moan rather than be proactive ................ sad, but true.

tail wheel
27th Aug 2010, 12:24
Google found the Pilots Award 2010 here (http://www.livingstones.com.au/images/File/Liv_ma_doc_10046.pdf) in less than one minute. :=

Read Part 6 Para 27.2 and Para 27.3 on page 28.

Why do pilots spend one to two years completing a CPL then won't spend ten minutes to read the Award and learn and understand their entitlements?

:confused: :confused:

206greaser
27th Aug 2010, 12:34
Why Tailwheel? Erm because no one gets it anyway!! From what I understand, having read it, it's pretty good. Sure the pay isn't so great, but there is lots of provisions for other entitlements. However, I know of no one at my end of the industry who gets all of them. Does anyone in GA work a 38 hour week??? Pilots that is. So it's a useless waste of the internet, which could otherwise be filled with err...something else.

Cheeers,
Greaser

Teal
27th Aug 2010, 13:13
at the rate of 17.5% and is tax free until it reaches the threshold of $320 per tax year

Not quite. The employer will not deduct PAYG amounts on payment, but the $320 is still fully taxable.

On the otherhand, any meal allowances paid under Clause B.4.5(a) of the Award are genuinely tax free if properly processed by the employer (they should not appear on your payment summary/group certificate).

mustman
27th Aug 2010, 23:32
206, Are you a member of AFAP? Are you fellow pilots a member of AFAP? Have you bothered to call AFAP and speak to them about your options? Have you and your fellow pilots actually got together and spoken about what you can do together to make sure you get your award entitlements? Having a bitch over a beer doesn't count!

Have a read of http://www.pprune.org/dg-p-reporting-points/423751-pilots-australia-time-unite-meeting-aug-23-a.html and see the effects of strength in unity! There is something very positive happening here.

Also have a look at The Union Pilot (http://www.unionpilot.org/) and as the site says, "grow some"! Nothing will change until you do something about it, and moaning on pprune doesn't count.

And for the record witwiw I am a member of Gen Y.

witwiw
28th Aug 2010, 00:12
OK, mustman, good to hear and I owe you an apology. I should qualify my comment thus "most Gen Y ................." and not generalise.