PDA

View Full Version : QR 3 Day rule abolished.

busz
26th Aug 2010, 10:00
Official announcement for all to see on aims

CI999
26th Aug 2010, 14:01
something else sh****y will come up? don't you worry, so can keep the managment beasy to fight back instead looking after the biz.:ugh: :ugh:

NoJoke
26th Aug 2010, 14:49
Ideed CI, they continue to confound us by demoting the competent to promote the incompetent. Things will never change until Nero stops 'fiddling' ..... :}

aceaceace
26th Aug 2010, 18:16
many many thanks, EVPO!!!!

this means a lot to those pilots who really need the days off. it will also boost morale. don't mind the habitual whingers.

QatarA340
27th Aug 2010, 01:27
What is QR's 3-day rule?

Flyer1015
27th Aug 2010, 03:24
Pilots were limited to get no more than 3 days off consecutively in a row. Apparently now it's gone, so that's good.

kotakota
27th Aug 2010, 04:13
Whatever you may think , for ANY airline these days to reverse a bad decision is pretty progressive , so enjoy it .
By the way , rumours abound around where I am that QR are considering commuting contracts , possibly even external bases . May be BS , but one thing is for sure , that would solve any recruitment difficulties they might have in the future.

deserthawk9
27th Aug 2010, 05:37
:D GOOD MOVE ACKNOWLEDGED.

Removal of 3 day limit is excellent news and will immediately improve the chances of retaining crew. The next step must be to ensure that the Jeppesen bidding system is allowed to operate as intended and without undue interference for whatever reason.

It has been alleged that some of the rostering staff at QA are involved in roster rigging for personal gain. This occurs in other airlines too but given the technology available today this could be eradicated very quickly if the management really want to clean up this area. Management changes abound in this company so a clear out of corrupt staff (if they exist) would be timely!

Commuting contracts may just be wishful thinking but isn't it time that Qatar Airways did something original in this part of the the world instead of blindly following EK and EY? Commuting/Basing/75% contracts etc are all very good options. Adopt something along the lines of the KAL system and QA would be inundated with high quality applications and could become the employer of choice in this region.

QA has enormous potential in this regard. It remains to be seen whether they have the clear thinking and imaginative leadership that is needed..... or will the head be thrust back into the sand?

vaschandi
27th Aug 2010, 06:35
I also heared rumours about a very small man who wears a long nightcap,
and if you ve'been very good,
he comes in the night and makes you sleepy
by sprinkling sand in your eyes,
which will give you very good dreams.:sad:

Brie
27th Aug 2010, 08:12
Come on?? QR can not be that bad. I think there are companies out there which are much worse. I'm not going to read the whole Qr thread but there are companies where you fly for peanuts. 2000eur and less.

grtz