PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft hire in Darwin.

helloimindelaware
26th Aug 2010, 08:50
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could hire an aircraft in Darwin as I have just moved here and wanted to keep current. I hear AV8 no longer allow rental, and Darwin flying school doesn't seem to be open yet.

Any help would be great,

Thanks.

206greaser
27th Aug 2010, 03:46
Hey guy!

I'm surprised that AV8 wouldn't let you burn around in their 172. Anyone know why?

What are you looking for? IFR currency? Just burn off in a single? A bit of twin time?

Have you tried the folks down there at Emkaytee (YMKT), or Batchelor (YBCR)? There are some lighties down there.

Cheers,
Greaser

Ixixly
27th Aug 2010, 04:06
That new flying school shouldn't be too far away, they'll have a certain reasonably price C210 on the line for private hire as well!

And are you sure AV8 won't let you burn around in one of their aircraft? Pretty sure they still have instructors there, I'd give them a call anyways!

helloimindelaware
28th Aug 2010, 02:31
Hey thanks for the advice!

I wasn't sure so I'll give AV8 a call, ideal would be that 210 so I might give them a ring too.

Thanks again!

DanArcher
16th Dec 2011, 04:41
Does anyone know what the go is in darwhine with regards to training these days?

Are bith Av8 and Darwin flying school active? I curious to know what a/c they use for instrument rating training?

Cirronimbus
16th Dec 2011, 22:02
Try Darwin Flying School on 08 89289217 and speak to Alex (instructor). I think they use a Piper Archer for flying training but not sure about instrument ratings.

Lasiorhinus
18th Dec 2011, 04:46
AV8 do have some 172s for hire - give them a call.