PDA

View Full Version : Leaving-qatar-airways-qr-all-you-need-know

deserthawk9
25th Aug 2010, 21:47

I hear that pilots are now leaving Qatar Airways as fast as they are joining so I guess we need this thread.

I also hear that if you do the decent thing and give three months notice Qatar Airways respond by refusing leave in the notice period, cancelling staff travel entitlement and witholding pay! Easy to see how they achieved the 5 star rating.

Little wonder, then, that most people leaving "The World's Five Star Airline" do so without warning. Presumeably there are those in the Company who claim that those who leave in this manner are some kind of lesser beings who are not honouring their contracts. Has it occured to them that the treatment of those that are foolish enough to treat Qatar Airways as an honourable Company is one of the reasons that the recruitment rate will soon be lower than the departure rate!

As one who is faced with a choice between honourable departure resulting in virtual imprisonment in Qatar for three months or doing a runner (against all my principles) may I ask that some of those that have left in either way pass on their experiences?

I fully appreciate that those who have moved on may not feel inclined to take the trouble to respond but in the end it may benefit all of us if we can shed some light on this interesting part of the modern airline world.

Potential Qatar Airways employees may also benefit from some enlightenment in this area as compared with other operators in this neck of the woods. (What woods? I hear you cry.)

knotaloud
26th Aug 2010, 05:12
Thank you Desert Hawk, this is one of the most practical threads that could have been started.

For instance, is it true that after having given notice in the correct manner, the employee and his/her family are denied ID travel? Surely not!

GB

Capt Krunch
26th Aug 2010, 05:41
sad but true, your ID travel entitlement is cancelled upon your resignation. All loans in Qatar must be paid in full before receiving a bank clearance, all traffic violations must be taken care of before receiving resident permit cancellation without which you will not be able to attain an exit clearance.
your end of service entitlement is withheld until your clearances are completed properly (this applies to all airline staff).
If you hold a personal cheque account and credit cards the Bank will instantly (within minutes of notification of your resignation) freeze your assets in your account for 60 days or more in case of any credit card items or personal check issuances. (good luck trying close the account from abroad).
Heaven forbid the MOI (Ministry of the Interior) have anything pending on you such as a unknown accusation of any kind (did you give someone the middle finger while in traffic?) then you WILL be detained in the country.

Having said all that. I do know many people who have left the airline giving the proper required 3 month notice period and did the proper clearance procedures with little or no incident. it's allot of running around for documents and signatures, all being done between the regular flying roster. (you'll fly to the very last day for sure).

Poisoned by Compromise
Krunch

babysandbox
26th Aug 2010, 13:58
I've posted this in another 3d
But I think it's more usefull here....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/evil.gif

Last month more than 700 people resigned, and for the first time since years the number of hiring is lower then resignation.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/puppy_dog_eyes.gif
Especially for pilots the management will see a negative trend, as even people who was offered a position are not showing up....:=
And a lot more will leave the company within next two-three months since the market is opening up again......http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/cool.gif

Since last 2 years many experienced F/O from Europe, Usa and Australia joined because of the promise of a fast track command, but since now the balance has been extremely negative, as only 4 upgrade were done compared to more than 150 DEC...
And even DEC are not happy because there is no fleet transfer to Lang Haul....

Things must change in this company, or they will have aircraft on ground within next year.
The old fashioned way of giving more money to attract people doesn't work anymore, as F/O around the world are getting older....

So dear, management, make a little effort to make sure that pilots you have fooled in the past with false promises, will remain in the company ....

At least I admit this Fhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gifing stupid rule is gone and hope it will never come back. Thankyou IW, and those who made it possible.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
Rgds, Babysandbox

Hamid_27
26th Aug 2010, 15:54
700?!:eek:

Now thats alot of resignations for 1 month. It's almost funny:oh:.
Babysandbox, where did you get these numbers from, and how many of them are Pilots?

Thanks.

Hamid_27

MATMAX
26th Aug 2010, 16:23
same things happen with ek and jewbai ...

Capt Krunch
26th Aug 2010, 16:26
babysandbox

don't make things up without knowing the facts. 700 resignations is nothing more than BS.

last month = 8 pilot resignations, just under 40 Cabin Crew resignation / terminations. The numbers are NOT higher than that, Although the average in the Cabin Crew department generally hover around an average of 60 CC losses per month.

700 .. := .. nice try :}

Poisoned by compromise
Krunch

babysandbox
26th Aug 2010, 16:56
Nice try???!??? I'm not trying anything and it's not even funny, it's reality.

Maybe Captain Crunch, it's you not having the right informations this time.....
Anyway, you have the right to doubt (as I also did when I got this numbers).

There's one thing that appear very clearly anyway: people are not showing up at interview, and even if this happen they will not come in Doha, at least not before giving a try in other reality of the gulf.

Ya,ya,ya, there's always somebody willing to work for peanuts, but the big bluff is over.

By the way can I have your opinion on the other points of my message?

Take care,
Babysandbox

Capt Krunch
27th Aug 2010, 06:31
babysandbox

after spending nearly a decade in this airline, YES i do have access to the exact numbers.

as for people not showing for interviews, this is nothing new. I can recall back around 2004 and after, people accepted and passed the interview, sent joining tickets and contracts did not show at the airport. some days it was a 100% no show. 18 people call for interview and only 2 show up, it's all nothing new mate. and we are still growing and still flying. How we do it, i'm not quite sure but the fact remains that due to the personal sacrifice of all of us the job gets done.. leave days taken away, I can recall years ago many of us did not get your annual leave at all. Spent many off days outside Doha, over time taken away, flying maximum hrs per year and per month.. the list goes on and on. we loose on yearly average of 4 pilots per month and 60 Cabin Crew per month (that is an actually yearly average).
we have almost 1500 pilots and just over 4700 Cabin Crew. I know for a fact officially we did NOT loose 700 last month… The myth is busted mate.

poisoned by compromise
Krunch

left_to_first_class
27th Aug 2010, 08:09
Perhaps it's 700 year-to-date across the whole company?

Aussie
27th Aug 2010, 09:54
Doesnt really matter if its 700 or not, fact is Qatar is loosing drivers at a constant rate... probably says something about working for the airline...:sad:

Capt Krunch
27th Aug 2010, 10:07
left_to_first_class

That is closer to a realistic number for QA.

Aussie

yes we do loose at a constant rate and seem to hire at an equally constant rate. This airline is definitely not for everyone. In actual fact it's not all bad, there is worse out there and there is better. It's really what you make of it and how tolerant / flexible you are. Everyone has their limits towards certain things and this airline tends to push some folks to those limits quite regularly.

poisoned by compromise
Krunch

babysandbox
27th Aug 2010, 11:27
I do have to apologize...
I reported a number, 700, that is not referred to last month. It's referred to the running figure of 2nd quarter 2010 taken at last august 15th.
I got this number from an office who deal with manpower and I did not investigate enough. This morning I did....
But the important thing is that the ratio between hired/resignation is, for the first time in years negative, and it will trend to stabilize this way for all this year.

The concern is that the company can afford for a while to increase manpower productivity, but it can't be the base for the expansion phase of next year..

h3dxb
27th Aug 2010, 11:55
I got this number from an office who deal with manpower and I did not investigate enough. This morning I did....

Babysandbox

Despite of, this is a rumour network, we would appreciate correct rumours :ok:

Farrell
27th Aug 2010, 11:56
A word to the wise:

Simply disappearing from any GCC country can have serious repercussions for pilots, particularly if you are planning on flying anywhere near the GCC again.

Vengeance and grudges, as we all know, can be held around here for years, and all it takes is a quick one-pager to the cops and your passport number / name are now on the "list".

Get a divert into the GCC at any point, especially the UAE, and you can bet your Gucci-designed trousers, that they will make your life a misery, and by that I mean jail-time while you are being "processed" for absconding!

Yes, stopping your entitlements is petty and small-minded. But suck it up as its far better than spending two-months in a cell with eleven other "criminals" somewhere between DXB and AUH.

I already know one individual on this forum who shall remain nameless but would be well able to tell you in detail about what a few days is like inside a GCC holding cell! :E

Remember also that wonderful employment criteria: the "unrestricted passport" - a big red "DENIED ENTRY" stamp in there ain't going to help, is it?

And if you think those things do not exist.....have a chat with some of the Filipino workers who got on the wrong side of the wastafarians, and who can no longer get employment within the GCC.

Farrell

MD83FO
27th Aug 2010, 13:38
any idea how i can obtain a letter from QR stating my flight experience in the 320 to be stamped at the ministry of foreign affairs. i need it to legalize my logbook in southamerica.

Capt Krunch
28th Aug 2010, 03:56
MD83FO

have you tried asking the fleet secretary that question ?

poisoned by compromise
Krunch

QR UNITED 2009
28th Aug 2010, 09:31
What about a number of QR guys who jumpship and work for many years in EK, EY GA......... ? Are they in jail ? I know few they are happy and not in jail .

I even know people who jumpship and at one point come back in QR with connections . But they left again lol

Yes to be on black list : name and passport number is required . Think what you need to do to avoid it .

QR losing people and only reason is small guy from Hyderabad . Very famues already .

Professor Fog
29th Aug 2010, 09:06
if you decide to leave and pay the bond how does it work ?

i believe on 777 it is a $50k over 2 years reducing but if you leave in the first year you pay the lot ??

if you join on the 330 on a CCQ it is a $15k over 1 year , but does that reduce over one year ??????????

aye

Tears for Fears
29th Aug 2010, 09:48
... and if you are already type rated do you have a bond for the training ?

Linerider
29th Aug 2010, 10:44
If you are already type rated then you will not be bonded to the company.

Linerider
29th Aug 2010, 10:47
The bond will reduce one year after your final line check. If you leave within the first year then you have to pay the full bond amount back.

Professor Fog
29th Aug 2010, 11:34
The bond for the 330 CCQ is only a year, so does it reduce during the year ??

Linerider
29th Aug 2010, 12:57
No, it does not reduce incrementally during the year for the CCQ. So if you leave after 11 months (after line check) in the company, you have to pay the full amount back. Leave after 12 months and you owe nothing.

deserthawk9
29th Aug 2010, 16:08
I think some of you may be missing the point.

If you leave and try to do the decent thing the Company will screw you and make your last three months extremely uncomfortable ( See Capt Krunch above).

If you do a runner you avoid all of the pain referred to above and have no painful admin to do. Even if you are bonded there would appear to be little that QA could do so long as you do not wish to go to another GCC operator.

Behave like a civilised and concientious individual, agree to disagree and ask to leave in 3 months as per your contract and they will treat you like a criminal.

This is the dark ages!

Be aware before you come here.

This is not Qatar Law or National policy. This is one sad little individual who is way out of his depth and believes that cracking a whip and acting in this way means that his staff will be compliant. Sadly, for him, those days are over and the Company is reaching the point where it cannot be run like a corner shop with staff who put up with ridiculous rules just to hang on to a job.

Huge sums and private lives are thrown away because of the pathetic attitude of this emotionally and psychologically challenged individual. Qatar Airways is poised to be a major carrier in the airline world and is undoubtedly the biggest player in terms of the international image of Qatar as a country. The present leader is totally inadequate as the head of such an important part of Qatar's International reputation and presence.

There are those who say that he is protected by friends in high places. This is hard to believe. The rulers and government of Qatar appear to conduct themselves with some dignity in international relations. It is hard to believe that they can feel that the actions and management style of the present incumbent can do anything to enhance the international reputation of the state of Qatar. It must be time to appoint an educated, cultured and dignified person to head Qatar Airways who can fulfill the role of CEO properly and represent the Country with honour!

noise of freedom
30th Aug 2010, 03:31
Dear deserthawk9,

sadly all true,the Qatar Gov. wanted a EK stile company and what they have got is a little Air India instead....thanks to the wise and competent managers ruling the company!!!
....and nothing has yet happend,I say again yet...

NOF:=:=:=

babyjet787
4th Sep 2010, 08:33
Hi just want to find out from the guys who have done it how they managed to transition from QR to EK. Understand there is a "soft agreement" between both companies not to poach from each other but it can be circumvented on a case by case basis. PM's are welcome. Thanks

The_Broon
11th Sep 2010, 11:43
I wish to echo babyjet's question above...

Tears for Fears
14th Sep 2010, 15:37
Can anyone post a sort of check list of what to do before and during the 3 months notice in order to have an easy and clean wayout ?
Tks :cool:

crazy_bird
14th Sep 2010, 15:54
but why are so many pilots leaving QR in the first place??
is it the rosters or the pay??:confused:

OrryFace
14th Sep 2010, 21:17
First of all, remember that the vast majority have no problems. It's just that urban myths and reality conspire to make everyone fear the worst. Yes, there are some horrorr stories, but if you play fair and are upfront, on balance you can expect things to go reasonably smoothly. The HR folks have been doing this for years and there is well practised process and procedure.
I would advise something like this:
Before resigning or breathing a word to anyone:
1. You might want to send your family packing off home (personal choice)
2. Pay off your credit cards if you can
3. Definitely take virtually everything you can afford out of your bank account. Keep what you need under the mattress and change the rest into hard currency. (QR can and do stop people's bank accounts, with no particular rhyme or reason)
Then resign, in a polite and professional written note, explaining you are leaving 'for familly reasons' (wife has had enough, kids need to go to other schools etc)
Deep breath.
4. Sell you car(s) and rent short term
5. Sell as much of your stuff as you can. It will go quickly.
6. Arrange removals (again there are several very good and efficient companies)
7. If not in company house, tell your landlord. It may help to smooth things if you can bring him another tenant to take over the property. HR may be able to help here by hooking you up with new arrivals
8. Few days before leaving arrange for electricity guy to visit and cut you off on day you quit the premises (if not company house). Surprisingly this is about the most efficient part of the whole thing. Disconnection and cash deposit refund can be done within same morning.

etc etc
Hope that gives some help:ok:

Capt Krunch
15th Sep 2010, 00:51
Check list. Rev 1
2. Pay off your credit cards if you can

don't just pay off the credit card but return them to the bank. if not they can and have held the funds in your account.

9. make sure you do NOT have any traffic violation with the MOI. if so, pay them off or you might not be able to have your Qatar work visa cancelled. Thus not be able to obtain a final exit permit.

the company has a list of things that need to be signed off.. i.e. the return of your ID and uniform etc... this entire list may take a couple of days to complete so make sure you leave the time. if not fully complete you will not receive your tiny end of service benefits.

poisoned by compromise
Krunch

alahaigaigai
15th Sep 2010, 07:37
Your credit cards have to be returned to the bank 3 months in advance of your departure. If not the bank freezes your account for the amount of 150% of your credit card's limit for a period of 3 months. So initially you have to lower your credit cards limit, pay them off and then return them 3 months before your departure date.
Please also note that as soon as you submit your resignation QR notifies the bank and the bank immediately freezes your account. Even if you empty your account the end of service benefit, your last salary etc will be frozen until all your financial issues in Qatar are resolved.

mikechekker
16th Sep 2010, 10:08
10. Before you shunt your family off home, MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL THIER RPs or you won't be allowed to leave.

Crocodile
19th Sep 2010, 16:34
Anybody knows if we have to return the QCAA licence too? :confused:

Where can we get the check list by the way? Saw it once but it's no longer there.

JCUERVO
19th Sep 2010, 19:52
Very interested in the answer to the above question as well...Also how does it work as far as a ticket back to your home? Do you have to travel home or can u leave Doha to anywhere else direct? (AUH, DXB, Korea, etc)

OrryFace
21st Sep 2010, 21:11
Unless things have changed recently, then it is only back to from whence you came. I know someone who asked otherwise and was refused. :=

40&80
23rd Sep 2010, 19:22
Sounds like you guys have it easy...in G.F. there was a "How to do it" list doing the rounds which required a task a day to be achieved and much drinking of beer for three months...it was written by an ex RAF Officer it was particularly good due many years of similar rubbish doing this sort of base clearing thing.
The whole process got a lot easier after several cabin and flight deck crew jumped ship whilst on overnight stopovers in London and services had to be cancelled.
I was rostered by G.F. to fly for 17straight days up until one hour before my 60ith birthday and termination...they knew it was illegal...but they said who is going to prosecute you if you are over 60?
I thought it made it all a bit difficult to clear base doing it their way so I did not do it..there is always a different way.

Flyjets
26th Sep 2010, 09:56
10. Before you shunt your family off home, MAKE SURE YOU CANCEL THIER RPs or you won't be allowed to leave.

what is it "RPs" ?

loc22550
26th Sep 2010, 11:27
Flyjets:
R.P. = Resident Permit.

ITO
26th Sep 2010, 19:39
Resignation for me was a very straight forward and easy procedure. I had spent 3 years as a CC with the company. Notifification was 1 month for us, It took me only 15 days to leave the company in a very normal way. They informed me however that due to the fact that I am not informing them 1 month prior, I would be losing some of my service pack money, which I was aware of and accepted. So,

1. I informed them.
2. They gave me a check list of departements that I had to go to, get signed off (give back uniforms, token, ID, Manuals...etc)
3. Paid and gave back my credit card in the very same day. However the bank holded 3000QR on my account for credit card things ( which now I don't remember ) and gave it back to me 1 month later. This means that my saving account was still OPS 1 month after resignation. And 1 month after, they gave me back the 3000QR which I withdrawed from an ATM.
4. got all RP...etc canceled normally.
5. got my cheque from QR finance. And I remember that we were 3 guys in the office including one 320 FO waiting for the papers.
6. Gave back my "Visitor" I.D and walked out of QR tower, hoping that one day I will come back to rework with them as a pilot. Didn't happen yet !
6. Left Doha on an ID90 after asking the company if it was possible and there answer was yes, and in fact it was ( at least that time ) since I did it. Also, I left to a total different place to the one I came from initially.

And this is not a rumour or anything else except my own case.

Cheerio !

Flyjets
30th Sep 2010, 14:53
But what is the problem if leaving the country with a valid resident permit ?
I mean if you are going "on vacation" abroad with your family ... and don't come back as expected .

ITO
30th Sep 2010, 15:38
Well, then that means you jumpshiped ! Hundreds of people already did it with QR :O

loc22550
30th Sep 2010, 15:44
good one ITO!:O

Jumbito
20th Jan 2011, 10:05
Hi everybody,

By any chance does anybody know if the 3 months notice period can be reduced? Let's say a company calls you to start in one month time and you want to leave QR in a good way, is there a penalty or where can I find the proper info?

Many thanks in advance and regards

Liftdumper
20th Jan 2011, 10:33
So people are leaving. Question is: where are they going??

Jumbito
20th Jan 2011, 11:16
So this "negotiation" is written anywhere or it's all about making a deal with the company? Who should be the right person to talk about this at the office?

Many thanks in advance once again

loc22550
20th Jan 2011, 15:25
You can probably try to negociate to leave before 3 months but it will not be for "free" for sure.. ,lets say after one month, but in that case i guess they will deduct 2 months of your salary from the end of service benefit or something like that..

Capt Krunch
20th Jan 2011, 16:56
loc22550 is mostly correct, but to be clear, the deduction will be 2 months of your basic salary. That would mean you would should have been here for more than nearly 3 years, as you only receive 3 weeks of your basic salary for every years served after final line check as a end of service benefit, (for the first 5 years then it extends to 4 weeks). if your service does not equal that amount, the rest would/could be out of pocket.

moggiee
20th Jan 2011, 17:50
But what is the problem if leaving the country with a valid resident permit ?
I mean if you are going "on vacation" abroad with your family ... and don't come back as expected .
UAE residents visas are automatically canceled if the holder "resides outside the UAE for 6 months". No idea about Qatar, though.

Fungula
20th Jan 2011, 19:11
I was an ATC in Qatar and have a bad leaving story for your reference.I worked there for 6 years. At DEP minus 1 year they finally gave me a contract with the end of service bonus included as per the labor laws. They got me to sign and said they would give me a copy when the chairman had signed. That copy never appeared despite numerous requests. When I resigned I was called to the Vice Chairman's office and told they couldn't find my contract so there was no bonus but......if I stayed and signed a new contract [ which he had on the table] then the bonus would be payable. I explained I had signed a contract in Aussie and would be leaving. Which I did.
My guess.....the locals split up the 140k QR between them.
They are as slippery as used car salesmen.
PS and if you take court action you can't get the exit permit. They have you screwed.

loc22550
31st Jan 2011, 14:42
A pumps ..as long as you don't see it with your eyes,its nothing but a rumour and it will remain a rumour till the next rumour appears..and so and so..:rolleyes:(same for salary increase..)
If 8 F/Os resign on 777(wich is not the worst fleet)..i can't imagine the figure for the 320 fleet...!!

White Knight
31st Jan 2011, 16:35
UAE residents visas are automatically canceled if the holder "resides outside the UAE for 6 months".

Generally true - but my stepson was out of UAE for about nine months studying and immigration were happy to let him back into UAE on residence visa with no problems:ok:

loc22550
1st Feb 2011, 08:21
use the search function :"" QR flt ops 'management'- the laughter factory"" and you will find the thread.

flyerdad
1st Feb 2011, 12:52
Expect a few more to leave for Thomas Cook / BA / Virgin / BA City Flyer / Jet 2 who have all or are actively recruiting experienced guys :D

Anyone can publish a copy of the Qatar Leaving policy list of things to do / get signed.

Also do Qatar block your bank account until you pay off your bond?

flyerdad

QR UNITED 2009
1st Feb 2011, 13:32
You are lucky mate .

The most efficient department in QR is located on 3 floor and it has an unick name " RESIGNATION & TERMINATION " department .
This is only one of this kinda in the globe and the fastest one in QR they can pack you in 24 h time if they are instructed so .

So leaving QR no prob mate with or without bond we had many people leaving without clearing bond and others with paying it both went home abd there was no difference at all unless you want to reaply for QR one day again .

Airbus_a321
1st Feb 2011, 14:46
...stop dreaming...for shure no one will reaply again :mad:

DZPILOT87
2nd Feb 2011, 09:32
Guys !

Is it true that QR pilots get/got fired after drinking Evian Water ?

That what i heard from a cabin crew recently .... Unbelievable !!

Ronaldo 330
2nd Feb 2011, 13:19
Yup very true !

Capt was in QR for 13 or 14 y and had to leave QR over EVIAN water .

We were getting EVIAN water every day on begining of the flight .

One day Cabin crew CS/CSD's had a meeting with CEO where he told them that pilots are just a cheap drivers and they drink water from a tap in their bathrooms and they should not give us EVIAN coz its expencive ..... and a lot of other b......

Few days after an CSD on A330 instead usually given EVIAN she brought to flight deck Al Rayan water and Captain ask her to bring EVIAN water on what she reply "CEO told us not to give flight deck EVAIN " Captain say there is no ACN about it and told her to bring him EVIAN water anyhow .

After that the standard procedure in QR an CSD write report against Captain for disobayed her order ( in QR CSD has more PWR then a Capt)
and Captain was called to CEO office and told he has to resign or he will be termenated fro not following CSD instructions . And if he is terminated he will never get his 14 y gratuity money .

Capt resigned and went home !

This is one of many reasons why Captains are terminated or forced to resign . Contract in QR is worth like a toilet paper .

fokkerplod
24th Mar 2011, 14:36
one of the things that appears on the list of things to be completed on leaving and before your exit permit is issued is:

hand over your QCAA pilots licence

thought the licence was earned and was the property of the pilot / QCAA and especially as the pilot has to pay for the renewal of medicals (not initial) it should remain their property ???

fokkerplod

oryxbollocks
24th Mar 2011, 23:35
No. You don't return your licence when you leave. Like many other things in QR it's just another example of inefficiency. This requirement should have been removed from the form years ago.

On a more serious note, the Qatar Government has taken to charging you 500 riyals to CANCEL your Multiple Exit Visa! You must pay this before they'll let you out of the country! This action is nothing but extortion as the visa is of absolutely no use once you leave anyway.

My advice therefore is that you do NOT bother with one unless Qatar Airways decides to buy it for you. (On principle, if Flight Ops wants you to have one, they should pay for it.)

GB

fokkerplod
25th Mar 2011, 11:15
Thanks for the update on the pilots licence, as it seems pointless paying bond if they did take it off you!

I agree too with the multiple exit permit should be paid by company if they require you to have it, especially if you have to then pay to cancel it, at least they are now paying for e-gate, but no refund for those of us that had paid 500QAR for it in the first place.

fokkerplod

Mutley99
24th May 2011, 11:16
So do i understand correctly that the A320 bond is $15k for one year and this applies to both fast track so's and fo's?

And that most newbies are getting on the A320?

Cheers

flyforfood1
24th May 2011, 14:11
Below is straight out of Part A:-

Non-Type Rated Full Transition course (new joiner)
2 years from FLC (Final Line Check)
$2,083 PM after FLC

Non-Type Rated Short Transition Course (new joiner)
2 years from FLC
$1,250 PMafter FLC

A320/330 CCQ (New joiner)
1 year from FLC
$1,250 PM after FLC

Second Officer : Fast Track
3 years from FLC
$1,388 PM after FLC

Second Officer
5 years from FLC
$833 PM after FL

thunderbird-1
24th May 2011, 15:26
Thanks flyforfood1 for the good info.
What's the difference between Non-Type Rated Full Transition and Short Transition course (new joiner), is it regarding experience, previous aircraft flown? (ex: 737NG to 777 would be a short transition??). Thank you.

flyforfood1
24th May 2011, 16:57
No probs, yes your correct re short course, so if your Boeing going to Airbus expect the full course regardless of hours etc. I think for the 777 the flavour of the month is widebody experience. There are only 6.5 days left of this one though so I'm sure that'll change, especially with more arriving and lots of guys leaving. :rolleyes:

Frank Abagnale
18th Nov 2011, 22:41
Hi there,

A question for those who are in Qatar already...

If you have one of the old bond schemes that are fixed for the first year and then reduce for the next few years after that, how much bond do you have to pay - is it pro rata per month or calculated to the day

e.g. 50k 2-year bond, fixed first year, line check 01 Jan

01 Jan one year later you owe 25k
01 Feb you owe 25k-2083 approx

If you leave on 31 Jan for instance in the example above do you have to pay 25000 or a prorate amount?

Cheers

FO X
23rd Feb 2012, 10:29
FO at QR. Non bonded. Only outstanding is cc which will be paid off. If I decide to depart and contact hr from the uk to coordinate sending my token, Id, uniforms back. What's wrong with that picture? I got an offer elsewhere and don't plan on returning :D

Daft Wader
23rd Feb 2012, 14:23
Hi F/O X

Sure that your colleagues appreciate the heads up that they will get to pick up your roster at the last minute .......

Good Luck in your new role

Daft Wader

:ok:

FO X
23rd Feb 2012, 15:02
Hi Daft

Thanks for the taste of sarcasm to your worthless off point post. The question had to deal with leaving QR, not in how I would impact your life. Staffing and attrition at QR is not my responsibility nor could I give two squirts of piss about your roster. :=

Thanks for showing the forum that Attention deficit disorder is Alive and well at QR and is in fact part of our corporate culture.

Daft Wader
23rd Feb 2012, 17:26
Hi F/O X

Thank you for your reply .

Dw

Mr Angry from Purley
23rd Feb 2012, 18:47
FO X
Sometimes such actions can bite you back. So your new airline asks QR for a reference for security ID. What happens then?. Or big chief at QR is mates with your new MD.
Pilots - professional um:D

OXOGEKAS340
23rd Feb 2012, 19:11
So, the "best" way is to send your money abroad, sell your car and belongings, and "escape" when abroad....This would be a good answer to those "intelligent bureaucrats" and "pilot haters" , who deject commanders and advance cabin crew....:mad:
It disheartened me to read all this, so i am changing my mind, not to join them, although I passed the selection process.....And salary is not so attractive anymore, if someone takes in account the bonding....:{

40&80
23rd Feb 2012, 19:58
This all sounds very much like leaving East African Airways in 1971 and what was repeated again at Gulf Air 1980 onwards....there must be a better way:ugh: it leads to corruption, no profit, and eventual liquidations.

UP UP AND ABOVE
25th Feb 2012, 04:35
Last year alone 155 pilots have left Qr..... resignations, terminations and jumpship, almost 1 pilot every 2 days, and that's a figure from management.:

Luke SkyToddler
25th Feb 2012, 06:06
I had no problems working my 3 month notice period, as long as you're not bonded they really can't do much to annoy you (more than they already do). Sure you need to sell your stuff and close your bank accounts etc but you would have to do that even if you were going to run.

It takes a couple days to work through their stupid little checklist and give back all their ID cards etc (you DON'T have to give back the licence) but it's definitely still worth it for the final pay they have to give you. Also, they give you a free shipment of a few hundred kgs to get your stuff back home.

I can't see the point in running away, unless of course you have a better job you're going to miss out on by working your notice. Even then, you'd want to be very careful if you needed a previous employer or security reference.

jaarrgh
8th Mar 2012, 09:54
After an entire morning listening to the phone ring off and being passed around I have failed to find out the leaving cargo allowance. Any ideas for family of 4. A testament to the admin here that I have to ask the sages of the Internet for some clues.

Luke SkyToddler
8th Mar 2012, 10:37
I got 500 kgs cargo allowance when I left, also with my family of 4 - 200 kgs for me and 100 each for the wife & kids as I recall. And they only do it to a QR destination (no interline).

Xaxa
8th Mar 2012, 16:05
Joining:
Deck Crew 150 Kgs (self) +150 Kgs (spouse) + 50 Kgs (per child), non-qr network 50% Eligibility

Resigning:
Above plus extra 50 kg per person, plus additional 50 kg per person after 3 years of service.

Ask them to check in the employee manual, chapter 1.

Edit: BTW, this might have been changed with the last salary change, they like to change T&C every now and then. This info I have is from 2008.

BIGBAD
8th Mar 2012, 23:20
What does it cost

Cost of cancelling multi exit visa = 500 QR

Cost of cargo customs clearance = 200 QR

Cost of getting cargo to airport. = 100 QR

Cost of taxi to the airport. = 25 QR

The feeling you get when you finally leave the sh1t hole that is Doha
.........PRICELESS.......

gottofly
9th Mar 2012, 15:11
heard from a friend that Qatar is very strict and has sacked many pilots for exceedences / unstabilised approaches etc.is this true?is this one of the reasons that pilots are leaving ?

rsajlk
10th Mar 2012, 00:02
Exceedances,,unstabilized approaches?? Those that blatantly and willingly violate these regulations, among others, do need to be sacked.. Passenger safety is foremost correct???

captjns
10th Mar 2012, 02:45
heard from a friend that Qatar is very strict and has sacked many pilots for exceedences / unstabilised approaches etc.is this true?is this one of the reasons that pilots are leaving ?

That's a fact. Spoke to a friend of mine who is doing his simulator training. If I remember correctly, fully configured by 2,000'AGL and on speed no later than 1,000'AGL.

Under the impression that extreme adherence to uniform standards and protocol are essential to one's existence in the company too.

But at the end of the day, one needs to perform in the manner in which the chap who signs your check wants you to perform.

BIGBAD
10th Mar 2012, 13:50
The list of things you can get sacked for is never ending. If they dont like the look of your face one morning...bye.bye....

The rules change constantly, so you never know where you stand.......not a place conducive to a long and stable,career.

Diego 123456789
26th Mar 2012, 11:32
Anybody has information an what a typical QR roster would be (for A320 and long haul)?
Is that true that you may have some of your days-off abroad between two flights?
Between two rotations how much time (in average) would you stay home?

Many thanks for your replies to help me have a better idea of what the lifestyle would be when working for QR.

disagreeable
22nd Sep 2012, 18:15
Hi,

Anybody care to share experiences of leaving QR of late?

There are a bunch who have resigned (or sacked) off the 777 and possibly a bunch of SAS guys to go soon; So I imagine that there wont be a shortage of current info.

Would be nice if anyone can share the contract/bond enforcement if you have one.

Care to describe the proceedure; who to see; treatment.

What would the advice be for someone leaving that has not finished there line training yet?

Cheers
(good luck for your future if you are leaving) :ok:
............................................................ ....................

disagreeable
7th Nov 2012, 03:51
Hi,

Anybody care to share experiences of leaving QR of late?

There are a bunch who have resigned (or sacked) off the 777 and possibly a bunch of SAS guys to go soon; So I imagine that there wont be a shortage of current info.

Would be nice if anyone can share the contract/bond enforcement if you have one.

Care to describe the proceedure; who to see; treatment.

What would the advice be for someone leaving that has not finished there line training yet?

Cheers
(good luck for your future if you are leaving) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif
............................................................ ....................

Can anyone comment on the question of leaving recently?
This is a very valid thread at the moment.

salamalikum2
7th Nov 2012, 08:35
Disagreeable,

We do have a very efficient dept here in QR,it's called the termination dept at the QR tower(3rd floor)..I suggest you go there and have a chat with the guy( not sure about his name,I think Mr Careem..),sure he will be able to answer your questions,at least some of them.

disagreeable
11th Nov 2012, 06:47
We do have a very efficient dept here in QR,it's called the termination dept at the QR tower(3rd floor)..I suggest you go there and have a chat with the guy( not sure about his name,I think Mr Careem..),sure he will be able to answer your questions,at least some of them.
I agree that is probably one of the few places that is efficient in QR. However, nothing will be gained by 'visiting' level 3.

However, alot can be gained from peoples real world experience and this thread is very relevent considering the problems alot of people are having in QR at the moment........ I know if I were in some of the shoes of some people I know here then I would also want to know this information; As well as for all the star struck QR wanna-be's who after joining may have to leave for many reasons.

So for those with the experience of leaving recently (whether its officially or unofficially) your experiences are welcome.

Chocks Away
8th Sep 2014, 05:27
Just heard direct from QR crew first hand (Capt & F/a, unrelated) that 70 pilots departed last month and 230 flighties resigned en-mass just last friday...

:ugh::hmm:

Experienced crew on type now very hard to find, so if you've got them yuh want to hang on to them!

I would have thought no one/very few turning up to the many Recruitment Roadshows, plus all these "departures" was message enough to them... no?

Boeingrestricted
8th Sep 2014, 22:58
now lets say for the sake of argument that 70 cpt/fo is correct but, if you mean by flighties , Cabin crews etc etc. Than I would have to say that this info is incorrect! Simply coz they do not allow CC above a threshold number to resign, on a single day.

Chocks Away
9th Sep 2014, 03:56
Yes, fair enough, Boeing.
It's more an indication of what has happened on the employee's end, not the employer's end and what they may or may not allow.
What they deem allowable looks like it is becoming irrelevant now, with so many walking away or not turning up.

Samolin
9th Sep 2014, 05:14
Chocks Away,

Go fish some where else!

If you know how QR runs the operation and rule in the State of Qatar, then you would know that if you want to leave any company stone cold without any notification to your employer, then as a CABIN CREW, the best thing you could do is show up for work and then carry on with your life else once you are out of Qatar. This has been done in the past at QR and EK and others. BUT beware, you are closing a lot of doors this way as you not be able to work in most of the Middle Eastern region. You may not be able to properly transit either, as there may be some implications once you arrive in Doha.

As a DEC crew, totally different policies and procedures, a lot more flexible!

In Qatar, if you don't follow the set procedures, then you will have a tough time getting out, I am not saying impossible, its just going to be a stress full time for you, not for the company as they may take their time. Just know what you are getting into, and not act as a teenager and feel that you have the right to do, say and wanting everything as you please. Have a plan when you join the company and have a plan, when you are leaving. You have to have an exit plan if you are leaving at your terms or at somebody else's terms.

Fly safe and happy landings everyone!

Willymoose
9th Sep 2014, 22:10
Can anyone tel me WITH A FAIR AMOUNT OF CERTAINTY if, when I give them 3 months notice, my staff travel benefits will be cut or not (as some of the 4 year old posts suggest)?
I have a family member planning to visit and a small trip to take AND a week of leave AND family who will be wishing to levee Doha before me. Will any of these plans be affected?
Thanks

Samolin
10th Sep 2014, 07:37
Willy

If you are actually in that situation, then go talk to the welfare department and they will clear out all your questions and concerns, they will have all the answers for you.

If you not with QR, then don't worry about until you are in that situation! Live your life stress free as there are many more important things to think about other than staff travel benefits when you are leaving the company, and if your brothers, sisters, parents, in-laws can't travel because you are making a life changing decision, they should understand.

Hope your ask your questions to the right person/department instead of on a forum like this!

Good luck

Willymoose
10th Sep 2014, 12:36
I am days away from handing in the notice. I really want to know. I'll try welfare but I am unsure if thy are really that helpful.

Boeingrestricted
10th Sep 2014, 13:52
The already purchased tickets will be valid for the duration of your employment(as of the start of notice and/or the validity of the ticket. That is also 3 months so you will be able to avail some additional tickets 1 day before you resign).

You do have a limit now for the numbers of tickets you can buy, opposed to before your resignation.(cant remember exact number right now 6 sets or so).

If the tickets are purchased before resignation (for your family member visiting and or planning to visit) there will be no consequences for them unless the tickets validity will expire. Again mind you this coincides with the 3 months.

Your week of leave now can be affected (withdrawn at will). Disregard a previous ACN(2012/2013) indicating that you would be allowed to utilize instead of payment of non used leave.

But don't be shy and just ask the separation officers in advance. Nobody will be able to stop you anyway.

Willymoose
11th Sep 2014, 10:58
Hi,
I wish I could buy you a beer! Really appreciate that. It SOUNDS as if you know what you are talking about without doubt. Thank you. I hope you are correct. Thanks again