PDA

View Full Version : who offers the best Sydney Chopper short tours?

nivsy
25th Aug 2010, 20:22
Hi,

I will be visiting Oz for a vacation during October from Europe

Would like to consider a helicopter city tour around Sydney.

Plenty on offer via various websites but are there any particular companies worth looking at (the usual 25-30 mins around the sights of Sydney required) and for that matter any particular ones to avoid (try and be subtle!).

Any info greatly appreciated....(the cooler the chopper the better).

Nivsy

Senior Pilot
26th Aug 2010, 00:21
Sydney Helicopters out of Parammatta: but you may get some other suggestions on the Rotorheads Forum, where there are plenty of Australian PPRuNers :ok:

nivsy
26th Aug 2010, 17:11
Thanks for the reply. Will ask in Rotorheads.

Nivsy

international hog driver
26th Aug 2010, 22:01
Could Not PM you so hear goes.

Blue Sky Helicopters at Mascot is by far the best of the group these days and their helicopter has the closest set up to what you get on heli tours in the US, as they are the only company that actually own their machines not cross-hire.

look up Blue Sky Helicopters on the web, you wont be disapointed.

(I am in no way connected to the above group)

telephonenumber
27th Aug 2010, 06:00
There are good fixed wing tours available as well including Harbour Scenic 1 and 2 and the Victor 1 flight that flies a major orbit around the outer edges of the city and harbour beaches as well as a 500ft skim along the coast below the Sydney airport flight path. These tourist flights can include the Harbour flight.

I can't recommend an operator.

sunnySA
27th Aug 2010, 12:14
Mark from BlueSky is very professional, considered by the guys and gals in Sydney Tower to be the best operator, highly recommended.

nivsy
31st Aug 2010, 14:28
Thanks for the replies guys.

Nivsy