PDA

View Full Version : Early Learning books required for Kenya orphans!

fincastle84
24th Aug 2010, 17:18
Mel & I are travelling to Nairobi 26 Sep 2010 on BA065. We are using most of our J baggage allowance to take aid for orphans in the Mt Elgon area of north west Kenya.

The children have been orphaned during a war between Ugandan rebels & the Kenyan army. As usual, the poor innocent civilians are the ones who suffer. If you would like to see evidence of the awful situation please enter 'Mount Elgon' into the YouTube search facility or follow this link.
YouTube - Mount Elgon, Kenya: A Terrorized Population in Desperate Need (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-dDhB1phdI)

We've already purchased the required children's undies, many thanks Tesco for your generous assistance.

What we now require are 2nd hand Early Learning centre books. Ann Glipson, a retired English physics teacher, desperately requires the books for the orphanage. So if anyone has some sitting around unused please PM me & I'll come straight back with contact details. I'm happy to collect them within a reasonable distance of Salisbury, Wilts.

Finally, a special thanks to Tightslot for allowing me a sticky for this post.:ok: