PDA

View Full Version : FTOs today: where to go?

rgava92
23rd Aug 2010, 23:50
Hi guys!
I'm an 18 year-old student from Italy. I own a JAR-FCL PPL (A) license and I'm really looking forward to continue all the way up to the big airliners. I've always dreamt of becoming an airline pilot and now, that I've just earned my first wings on the Cessna 150, this dream is even stronger.
Obviously I need ATPL and I've been surfing the web in search of possible paths to follow and came out with many different schools and FTOs. Due to Italy's bad political and economical situation, i think that engaging a career for an italian airline wouldn't be a wise choice. So I was thinking of an "extra-italian" alternative.
Without writing too much, I wanted to ask those who have had a direct experience with an european FTO (studied there, went there, or even just heard about) to help not just me, but also other wannabe pilots, to have a clearer view of what's on the market today!

Thank you very much in advance! Hope my english is fine..

Riccardo

P.S. i know there are websites, but websites are made simply to attract people, and that's why i'm asking for user-opinions.