PDA

View Full Version : Korean

Big Harvey
20th Aug 2010, 10:44
I've noticed some decent-looking on-line fares from London to Australia with Korean. The only thing is that these all involve a lengthy overnight stopover on the way back. Has anyone flown on any of these routes, and if so did the airline put you up in a hotel as a matter of course?

phreegreens
20th Aug 2010, 12:27
I flew LHR-SYD vv. in J class on Asiana (OZ) in 2008 and fine flights they were.

Same problem with OZ, on the return leg you need an overnight, they do pay for it but at a hotel some distance from ICN, so I paid own dime to stay in the Hyatt Incheon.

At the time both OZ and KE were offering the free o/night. When I was checking into the Hyatt there were a load of KE J class pax being checked in for their overnight on KE vouchers, with KE ground staff assisting.

Not sure if that hotel is SOP, but it certainly looked like a well practised process.

Big Harvey
24th Aug 2010, 14:02
Thanks for the reply. I'm sure they included accommodation last time I was in Australia and spoke to travellers who flew with them, but I've checked with the airline's call centre, and they tell me that overnight digs are not included, at least with internet fares.

Oh well...