PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Flying With Etihad Airways

Brian21156
18th Aug 2010, 23:01
I'm flying with Etihad from Dublin to Sydney via Abu Dhabi in October.There will be no stop-over in Abu Dhabi on either leg of trip. I have never flown with Etihad before. What service can I expect from them in Coral Class? Any issues transferring through Terminal Three in Abu Dhabi? Is there much facilities in the airport? Very little information in relation to the airport on the web.

BAOREY
19th Aug 2010, 00:06
Etihad is a good airline with a generally high quality of service in all classes so you should have no real concerns. The IFE is good but you will probably be bored with it by the time you get to Sydney.

They can be a bit inconsistent but then who is not these days.

On some planes they have power sockets (two pin) so that you can use or charge your own entertainment.

Terminal 3 is more like a very good regional airport with regards to facilities, enough to keep you occupied for an hour or so but thats about it. There are bars and restaurants on an upper level if you need more food or drink and the duty free is pricey and up market..

lostinauh
19th Aug 2010, 01:37
Depends on the time of day of connection, if in peak late at night, enjoy...crowded, poor amenities and an hour will seem long. Agree about the duty free, very expensive and not geared to the vast majority of passengers connecting through.

L'aviateur
19th Aug 2010, 11:00
I'd say the economy product is above average, with one of the better IFE systems. Transferring isn't too bad, probably will be using jetway which is convenient, very smooth and easy flow for clearing security etc during the transfers, and a fairly reasonable selection of restaurants. A few shops including a Boots and a Newsagent.
I flew with them recently on 777 and A330 and was impressed.

Brian21156
19th Aug 2010, 13:54
Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. Final question do I need to apply for a visa just to transfer?

BAOREY
19th Aug 2010, 14:43
No need for a Visa, and even if you had the time to go into the city the Visa is issued on arrival and at no cost.