PDA

View Full Version : Uk footie ?

kotakota
15th Aug 2010, 17:15
Ok guys , I give up , how do we get English Premier footie now that OSN have cheated us ?

mutt
15th Aug 2010, 17:16
Its on AlJazeera .

Mutt

Strangeways Southpaw
15th Aug 2010, 17:31
I think the premier league is only available on Abu Dhabi Sports HD

kotakota
15th Aug 2010, 17:38
certainly NOT on JSC

Daft Wader
15th Aug 2010, 18:28
Kotakota

Depending on where you are , but in Qatar I believe the exclusive rights are carried by MOZIAC on QTEL , so you have to sign up for that package.

Or you can pay abu dhabi tv and watch on line for the season , think it is around 200qr

But I believe Showtime have a Monday night Highlight package , which is ok I suppose.

Getting a bit of pain with different things on various channels.

Wether something like a "Dreambox" might get it all , someone else might know

May the farce be with you

Daft Wader

:ok:

Stratosphere6000
15th Aug 2010, 19:24
OSN lost the rights to broadcast the premier league. ADMC (Abu Dhabi Media Company) have broadcasting rights for the next 3 seasons. The premier league will be shown on Abu Dhabi Sports Channels 1-8. visit ADMCsport.com - ????? ??????? | ????? ??? | ????? | ADMC sport | (http://www.admcsport.com) for more info (there is an english version of the website). You can also call 800-ADTV (800-2388). Goodluck though as I chose the cable tv option with Etisalat and am still waiting for activation.

Strangeways Southpaw
15th Aug 2010, 20:50
Dreambox doesn't have it despite having numerous Abu Dhabi sports channels

jimbols6
16th Aug 2010, 00:28
if your in dubai then its available on DU tv for only and extra 31AED a month!!:ok:

kotakota
16th Aug 2010, 03:28
1 subscription for the World Cup , another for the EPL , another for the Rugby and Cricket . The day the latter disappear from my screen will hasten my departure from this model of enlightenment that is 'home' at the moment !!

skysod
16th Aug 2010, 05:42
Barclays Premier League du (http://www.du.ae/en/athome/english-premier-league)

Click on the link above to get every Premier League game live for 35DHR per month.:)

kotakota
16th Aug 2010, 13:45
Thanks but not in du territory.

TooLow
17th Aug 2010, 05:38
In Dubai you need buy yet another subscription. Like the other posters said, it's provided by admcsports.com. Unfortunately you have to buy the HD receiver & card as a package (999dhs). Got my at Carrefour. Activation was quick and easy, some extra HD channels included as well as all free to air.

I'm so pissed off with Showtime/Orbitz I'm canceling the service. I subscribed precisely because of the footie - and they're still charging the same. Then we had to fork out extra to watch the World Cup. I've had it with being constantly ripped off in this place.

Checkmate
17th Aug 2010, 06:36
If you have any family back home with a cable subscription try a slingbox. My family back home have an extra set top box just for me, linked to a slingbox. I get live cable TV straight from back home, direct to my laptop were ever I am in the world, and its free!! If you want to project the signal on to a remote TV get a slingcatcher and you can do that as well! The picture quality is a bit variable depending on the speed of the net. Its just one of many ways round your problem.

I guess you could just go to the local pub with your mates, have a few beers and watch it on the big screen? Hmmmm......... may be not!

BRGDS & Ramadan Kareem:ok:

kotakota
17th Aug 2010, 07:40
OSN are going to lose a lot over this - surely they would be better off paying whatever EPL want , OR , reducing subs ? Fat chance.

McGreaser
17th Aug 2010, 08:16
ADTV advertised in the paper that they are selling the card for aed379 or somewhere in that region. But it's still not available until l guess they sell enough decoders with the card.

What bugs me like everybody else is the fact that you have to subscribe to three different packages to watch all the football:ugh: Since my area is yet to be furnished with fibre optic l have to make do with a stack of decoders for the different packages.

DSTV took care of all that nonsense. Sadly we are in the wrong country for DSTV:(

kotakota
17th Aug 2010, 10:10
Yeah , I was in the back of beyond in Zambia recently , no problem watching ANY sport on DSTV and they don't charge the earth for it either.
This place is pathetic.