PDA

View Full Version : BAA Strike

radeng
13th Aug 2010, 14:46
I don't quite understand why one part of Unite is taking action which will hit another part of Unite, viz., BA CC will lose flying pay if LHR is closed.

But anybody got suggestions for the best way to Stockholm if LHR is shut? I was thinking BHX to somewhere - probably AMS, but maybe CPH or somewhere in Germany. Any ideas?

G-BPED
13th Aug 2010, 17:30
I don't quite understand why one part of Unite is taking action which will hit another part of Unite, viz., BA CC will lose flying pay if LHR is closed.

But anybody got suggestions for the best way to Stockholm if LHR is shut? I was thinking BHX to somewhere - probably AMS, but maybe CPH or somewhere in Germany. Any ideas?

This airline City Airline (http://www.cityairline.com/) flies BHX to GOT

You could then get a train to Stockholm.

Was just a quick search, I would expect there are other flights available.

Regards,

G- BPED

greuzi
13th Aug 2010, 17:49
Gatwick non-BAA now so open

www.norwegian.com (http://www.norwegian.com) fly direct LGW-ARN

G

PAXboy
13th Aug 2010, 19:00
There you go again, radeng, trying to apply logic to a situation. Anyone would think that you were an engineer ... ;)

I highly recommend Norwegian. Excellent carrier, good web site, good service on board when we went to Norway two years ago.

call100
13th Aug 2010, 19:59

There you go. That's the problem with Super Unions..
They may represent huge sectors but each negotiation is separate and exclusive to each workplace group.
The question is an old one. Why would one Union take part in IA that affected another Union???
Personally I have always insisted that no action would or should be taken during the school holiday period. It might be the time of greatest impact, but, it affects families far more and a lot of them are TU members.
In aviation, it doesn't matter when you strike in the main as someone is always going to be affected.
I bet no one felt affected by the Cadbury strikes!!!

radeng
14th Aug 2010, 08:17
Thanks, everyone. I hadn't thought of Gatwick because it's a pain to get to, but less of a pain overall.

Let's hope it gets sorted....I would be surprised if top management at BAA had the 1% pay rises offered though!