PDA

View Full Version : Casa - Aoc Search

muddergoose
13th Aug 2010, 10:20
I have noticed the AOC search function on the CASA web site has been "currently unavailable" for a little while now. Is there a reason other than what is stated on their site or will it be back real soon?:zzz:

CASA AOC SEARCH (http://casa-query.funnelback.com/search/search.cgi?collection=casa_aoc)

Horatio Leafblower
13th Aug 2010, 10:54
Probably something to do with the number of Operators standing up to them and saying "get your own house in order before you expect us to maintain the Gold-Plate standard!"

There is an ATO on the ATO listing who has been dead 5 years :hmm:

...but if I changed 1 piece of my company paperwork last week and I'm trialling it this week without an Ops Manual amendment, or if I make a mistake on my paperwork or leave a box plank - on MY paperwork - god help me :ugh:

Counter-rotation
13th Aug 2010, 12:31
:D

Nice edit Horatio - very droll!

But I'm afraid you'll have to rephrase and reissue that entire post - it's far too straight forward, far too easy to read and understand!

CR

Dangly Bits
13th Aug 2010, 13:38
This post intentionally left blank.

Grogmonster
15th Aug 2010, 00:08
I have to say I am surprised that it has taken so long for this to come up. In fact that AOC search function has not been available since late last year, around October or November or earlier. I have to agree with some of the comments above and personally I think it is not acceptable. Come on CASA get it happening. How hard can it be to list current AOC's on the website? If it can't be done for some real reason such as privacy or whatever then please let us know.

Groggy

Clearedtoreenter
15th Aug 2010, 00:35
Same with ATO's - been like it for months. Emailing them for list as they suggest does not even get an up to date list. Makes you wonder if they actually know who is a current ATO and who is not, or dead as the case may be.

skycatcher
15th Aug 2010, 05:47
Simple really, I suspect they are having a bit of a springclean on AOCs with operators who have accumulated every type know to man on them without having seen one for a while or having access to them. How do you operate, safely, a type with which you have only a passing relationship. Especially operators with a CAR217 org, maintaining relevant C & T experience on a type you might fly only occasionally, get real.
And delegations and ATO's?, well there are the good uns who do it right and there are plain revenue earners, where every body passes and everything gets approved. We all know who they are.

So why don't we have a big clean out and when we're done, we can restore the site to its previous credibility and reference point for the public who are trying to find their way through the clouds of BS.

muddergoose
15th Aug 2010, 07:57
This may be simplistic but the aircraft register appears to be kept up-to-date and comprises 24 fields per record depending which format you use. The AOC is just a scan in PDF format that requires tags(?) and is uploaded to a web server. The AOC section also offers a basic database search facility. If items are out of date you don't need to disable all data, just replace the out-of-date pdf document?

Maybe there is another reason?

*There are 39 fields per record not 24 as previously stated.

peuce
16th Aug 2010, 02:25
From another thread ...

...about 46 % of CASA's total budget went on paying "suppliers". The lion's hare of that actually went on computers, computer systems and IT services, more than $26M (27%)- boy that is some computer system they must have there and that does not count the millions more buried in the sundries and services of their annual report for computer services and other IT and techinical what nots.

Obviously money wasted.
Unless there's another reason ?

Counter-rotation
17th Aug 2010, 01:55
I tried to use the CASA website, and a coin slot appeared in the top left corner of the screen...

But of course it was only an image, so I couldn't actually insert coins, to satisfy the "user pays" idea.

So I rang them, to ask if there was some other way to sort it out, they said "we'll get back to you" - that was 7 months ago... :{

muddergoose
17th Aug 2010, 02:59
Achieve results, show initiative and innovation

CASA employees find solutions and strive to improve performance. They operate efficiently and effectively and take action to drive improvements. They encourage innovation and adapt to changing environments.

The above mission statement comes from CASA's website, menu: "About Casa"

I would like to encourage CASA to be efficiently innovative in returning this service to their website.:8

I wonder how they define efficient and innovative - "Page intentionally left blank"

muddergoose
16th Sep 2010, 05:43
The good news is the AOC search facility is back. :ok:

The bad news is it appears it no longer offers PDF copies of the certificate. I might be wrong on this but bring back the viewable PDF certificate copy... please.

On closer inspection they have deleted their 'About CASA' page containing the above #11 quote.

madworm
24th Sep 2010, 03:12
So muddergoose, I'm sitting here wondering what was in the PDF that isn't in the search? :confused:

185skywagon
24th Sep 2010, 03:38
The PDF was an actual copy of the AOC, and various schedules associated with that AOC.

my oleo is extended
24th Sep 2010, 10:10
It was likely closed so that some more external consultants (or the same one's they currently use over and over and over and who are primarily ex-employee's) could basically consult at a top rate, chat about implementing additional worlds best practsie I.T systems blah blah blah all the while raking in a nice fat load of taxpayer dollars for the services.........

muddergoose
24th Sep 2010, 22:27
MADWORM
So muddergoose, I'm sitting here wondering what was in the PDF that isn't in the search?

What 185skywagon said. It shows twin types used by a particular operation and what type of operations a company is approved for.

Nice to see you have emerged from a 4 year hiatus :ok:

Horatio Leafblower
25th Sep 2010, 00:40
You could also see where they were approved to operate and as C185 says, what types.

Used to be able to look for a flying school under the old system, now everyone is just "Aerial Work".

Do hey hold a flying school AOC? Can they do Commercial? 150 hour Commercial? Instrument Ratings? Instructor ratings? Ag raings? Who knows? :confused:

TriMedGroup
1st Oct 2010, 01:18
Air operator search results (http://casa.gov.au/WCMSWR/asp/casadata/aoc/displayaoc1.asp?offset=0)

Courtesy of google. The info is still online, just no links on the website to get there.

AVISE
16th Aug 2011, 02:23
Another year gone by and STILL no access to the AOC database. Seems there is no accountability in CASA - this can be vital safety information for customers of air operators. Lift your game CASA