PDA

View Full Version : ..that's what I call a departure

Bidalot
11th Aug 2010, 20:23
France24 - Air steward grabs beer, makes dramatic exit after feud with passenger (http://www.france24.com/en/20100811-air-steward-makes-dramatic-exit-after-passenger-feud-steven-slater)

Flyer1015
12th Aug 2010, 00:22
He is a hero now here in America. Majority of people support him. It isn't too hard to understand. Most people in this country are in a very bad recession, depressed economy, etc. Worked more for less pay. Factor it all in, there are plenty who want to snap and lose it (but can't). They just wish they could. He is the first to do it and now he's famous. This FA was harassed by a passenger, even injured by her bag (see the gash on his forehead). He basically told 'em 'f#k you, I'm outta here. He even said that it's been a good [20 or so] years, and thanked the good ones, but now he's done. Grabbed two beers, popped the slide, walkted the ramp, on the employee bus, into his car and straight home. You simply can't beat this. As for publicity for JetBlue, believe it or not, this may actually be good. The average John Doe can connect to this guy and sympathize with him.

EFC 3 DAYS
12th Aug 2010, 01:50
Slater did what many workers fantasize about and may do with increasing frequency — albeit with less showmanship — once the economy rebounds. "I don't think we should be surprised that once the economy starts ... picking up, there's a massive relocation of workers who want out as fast as they possibly can," says economist Joel Naroff, president and chief economist of Naroff Economic Advisors.
"That's the warning that I don't think businesses really recognize: You can pull this off now because there isn't really an option, but once there's an option, it's going to be payback time," Naroff says. "You're going to be losing some of your best people."

EGGW
12th Aug 2010, 14:50
Nothing to do with this part of pprune!

EGGW.

Closed