PDA

View Full Version : Flight School in Florida Review

spithakos
11th Aug 2010, 10:40
Hi,
I'm considering getting to US/Florida for my FAA PPL on September and I need informations/reviews from anyone been in Europe-American Aviation (skystead.com) for training.

B2N2
12th Aug 2010, 10:51
Sunstate Aviation at Kissimmee airport
That wasn't the question.
Spithakos, can you be a little more specific as to what info you are asking for?

spithakos
13th Aug 2010, 06:07
Just reviews and experiences from people attended this Flight School :).

Thanks

Jakeweb17
18th Aug 2010, 21:47
Hi, I see this was posted quite recently, I am also planning to go to this flight school, I have heard some bad feedback of others such as OFT, eg managment and money. Looking at this school, it seems to be good with some pretty recent aircraft. I have already done 60 hours of flying in UK and ready for my qualifier, but if your ever going there, let me know. Also, if their is someone that has been their , some feedback would be good, thankyou :)

davidbrent
19th Aug 2010, 10:07
ok, i went to both schools, but only for hours building...

did abt 30 hrs building with OFT in 2008
did abt 25 hrs building with Sunstate in 2010

two seperate trips to florida, as it fitted around my CPL/IR training, work, etc...

i can definately confirm Sunstate as my favourite choice for this...

I cannot comment on the level of instruction, however, i did find my checkout on the aeroplane to be a lot quicker at Sunstate. (this may be because when i went to OFT in 2008, i was a PPL, and when i went to Sunstate in 2010 i was a CPL/IR so had more general experience)

In terms of the service.

Sunstate - Aircraft, better, newer and more reliable. Also better fuelling services that side of the airport.

Also its a smaller school, with a more personal clientelle. You'll get to know everyone sooner, and also less people fighting for the booking sheet!

They were flexible and you could book or ammend current bookings easily.

at OFT.

was more of a commercial flightschool. More aeroplanes, but the condition and onboard equipment werent as good.

They provided reasonably priced accomodation for me, (although Sunstate did also)

The staff in the Dispatch office were less friendly.

as i said before, i only went to these places for hours building, not formal instruction, but i think i would definately have prefferred Sunstate for both.

Ciao

spithakos
26th Aug 2010, 09:24
davidbrent (http://www.pprune.org/members/97693-davidbrent) You write in your post Sunstate and not skystead, did you mean skystead ?

davidbrent
3rd Sep 2010, 16:05
no i mean Sunstate.

Sunstate Aviation... was that who the thread was about??

spithakos
5th Sep 2010, 05:54
No it was about skystead (Europe American Aviation) in Naples Florida, but thanks anyway for info shared.;)