PDA

View Full Version : Kiss airlines

MelonN
9th Aug 2010, 20:51
Hi, I hope I've posted this in a relevant forum.

I'm a nervous (terrified) flyer who flies major airlines when I have to get on a plane but I've booked a package holiday this year and the airline used is called Kiss.

Does anyone know anything about Kiss' safety record or have any reviews about them? I've been told that budget airlines use less experienced pilots to save costs and this is scaring me a bit.

I know they're part of Viking airlines but I've never heard of them before and am trying not to panic!

Thankyou for any information.

G-BPED
9th Aug 2010, 21:17
Hi, I hope I've posted this in a relevant forum.

I'm a nervous (terrified) flyer who flies major airlines when I have to get on a plane but I've booked a package holiday this year and the airline used is called Kiss.

Does anyone know anything about Kiss' safety record or have any reviews about them? I've been told that budget airlines use less experienced pilots to save costs and this is scaring me a bit.

I know they're part of Viking airlines but I've never heard of them before and am trying not to panic!

Thankyou for any information.

Kiss is not actually and airline.

The quote from their website is

We are an ATOL protected seat only Tour Operator offering an expanding choice of routes to popular Sun-Kissed destinations from major UK airports

Kiss just sell seats on various airlines so, you would need to check your ticket to see which airline you are travelling with.

All airlines have to conform to safety standards. Pilots are qualified to a standard that allows them to command an aircraft type whether it is with a company such as EasyJet or British Airways etc.

Hope this helps.

G-BPED

Sir Herbert Gussett
9th Aug 2010, 21:23
Quite the contrary. Many "budget airlines" are filled with experienced pilots who are nearing retirement and wish to relax with shorter sectors and get away from the long-haul mayhem!

Avman
10th Aug 2010, 08:11
I think that you'll find that you will be flying on a Viking Airlines aircraft, one of their B737s I believe. Low Cost airlines in Europe have a very good safety record. I would certainly hesitate flying on LCCs in countries such as Indonesia, Pakistan and India to name a few. In fact, I wouldn't fly on any Indonesian airline!

MelonN
10th Aug 2010, 09:48
Thankyou! Your replies have been really helpful- I appreciate the info!

Pooley
10th Aug 2010, 13:03
If it is Viking I'm sure you'll be safe but prepare to be delayed and if you are don't expect anything from them.

We were delayed for over 9 hours going to Corfu last week and they do not want to know. We had no refreshments and very little information.

The cabin crew were very nice though.

Now we can't find an address to complain to and the link on their web site doesn't work.

Good luck.

Avman
12th Aug 2010, 13:19
Pooley, try [email protected]

Their postal address is:

Finspangsgatan 54a
Spanga
Stockholm SE-16353
Sweden

Tel: 0046 851795100

G-BPED
17th Aug 2010, 22:12
Sadly, Kiss Flights folded this evening.

Regards,

G-BPED