PDA

View Full Version : Transfer of type rating from ICAO License to JAR

Peter PanPan
9th Aug 2010, 14:56
Hi all,

Trying to figure out how to transfer a Multi-Pilot type rating from an ICAO License to a JAR one, the following seem to be the references on JAR-FCL2 (Amdt 3)

JAR–FCL 2.250 Type rating, multi-pilot – Conditions; JAR–FCL 2.261 Type ratings – Knowledge and flight instruction and JAR–FCL 2.240 Type ratings – Requirements (5) et (6)

So unless one has 500 hours flying experience on type one must undergo a ZFTT course right? What if there is no TRTO for the aircraft we were trained on? Having done for instance an Initial Pilot training with FSI can we simply get a JAR TRE to conduct a skill test at the end?

Is it right that one must first have a single pilot type rating and only then upgrade to multi-pilot type rating?

Hoping that some of you can shed some light on this, thanks!

Grand Ops
9th Aug 2010, 15:44
Read LASORS......its all in there.!!!

:O

Peter PanPan
9th Aug 2010, 16:09
Grand Ops you wouldn't be wasting your time if you could actually provide a reference from LASORS ;)

Epiphany
10th Aug 2010, 00:24
Peter PP,

I tried the same thing a few years ago and after much discussion with the CAA concluded that although time on type would count I would still need to complete a full skills test on the aircraft (AS365N). An expensive exercise that I finally gave up on. Good luck.

Peter PanPan
10th Aug 2010, 08:32
Thanks Epiphany and thanks Censorship ;) (Big Brother is watching you)

Firstly this is not an exclusive UK CAA affair, there are 43 NAAs as part of the JAA today if I am not mistaken and each have there own interpretation of the JAR-FCL 2, not only depending on which Amendment they have adopted but also their understanding of what the regulations say. Speak to the french DGAC and they will gladly come up with their very own views about all of this.

Secondly when dealing with aircrafts that are not widely spread in Euroland such as the S-76c++ things are not necessarily written down on the JAR-FCL or LASORS in the specific case of the UK (As far as I know very few countries have their own booklet of rules as clearly condensed and presented as the UK - Would gladly be proven wrong though). This actually involves much discussion between the NAA and the pilot as can confirm anyone that has ever tried to do so and I hear that sometimes NAAs adapt to the specific case.

I would appreciate if others could share their similar experiences:ok: