PDA

View Full Version : Pushbacks on B737's

merv32249213
5th Aug 2010, 06:56
As an old 737 line supervisor of the 1970's, on a recent holiday to NZ and Aus, I noticed at Melbourne , that the same aircraft type were being pushed back with the tug attached to the starboard U/C leg .
I can see the logic (broken steering pins etc ) but how does it work, I take it, the pilot now has control and also it also takes up less time disconnecting
Merv

c100driver
5th Aug 2010, 08:12
It is called various things be we call it "power push" in NZ but it is called by different names overseas. It has four rollers that grip the main wheels and then turns them. When the push is complete the pilot parks the brakes, and the unit retracts the front rollers and the aircraft can taxi away or the ground engineer can drive the unit away. The pilot steers with the tiller at the command of the ground engineer, and the ground engineer remotely controls the unit.

It works very well and is very capable and works well.

TopSwiss 737
5th Aug 2010, 12:19
Merv,

in this short movie on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Nc5G_ExOmY) operation of the Schopf PowerPush is demonstrated. :ok:

Grtz TS737

N7242G
5th Aug 2010, 13:50
Does the Schopf come with a remote control command that plays that techno music as you're pushing back?

TopSwiss 737
5th Aug 2010, 14:02
Does the Schopf come with a remote control command that plays that techno music as you're pushing back?

The video sure makes it look like that. But I guess in the end of the day it's a customer option, and you can get any kind of music as long as your company is willing to pay for it. :}

N7242G
5th Aug 2010, 14:49
You could have a rave under the aircraft! And use the beacon as a strobe!

merv32249213
5th Aug 2010, 16:13
Thanks to all including the U Tube .Shows that you are never too old to learn . Merv