PDA

View Full Version : AgustaWestland and the new FTO

MrMask
4th Aug 2010, 21:27
Who is aware of the new opening in Italy, in an FTO Sesto Calende? Tell me if it is true that offer training to those who buy their helicopters.
Tell me that is not the usual Italian corner. If anyone knows more about it, drafts what is known.

waiting anxiously.

Furia
4th Aug 2010, 22:09
Well I did my AW139 training in Agusta in Sesto Calende a couple of years ago and the last year and last month I did the AW139 Simulator there so I guess you can say they have an FTO there. Actually a very good one. :ok:

You ca learn about it AgustaWestland welcomes you to its "Alessandro Marchetti" Training Academy in Sesto Calende | AgustaWestland (http://www.agustawestland.com/content/agustawestland-welcomes-you-its-alessandro-marchetti-training-academy-sesto-calende)

9Aplus
5th Aug 2010, 07:20
Was there just visiting, actually there is 2 operational full motion sims there
interior can be switched from 109 to 139 also during my visit we was on
NH90 maintenance simulator.
Stuff skilled and professional, but long waiting list so you must insist with
your responsible sales to get proper timing for your crews there :ok:

tottigol
5th Aug 2010, 11:17
9Aplus, I have a hard time believing that you can switch the interior of a 109 to a 139 simulator.:E

The A. Marchetti Academy has 139, 109, LUH simulators.
They also have a NH-90 Maintenance simulator.

The FTO is new and is based at the nearby Vergiate location.

FTO implies initial flight training and licensing, while TRTO is where you learn to fly a specific type of aircraft and that's what AgustaWestland had so far in Sesto.

The FTO is a new qualification and is going to allow AgustaWestland to expand their training capabilities.

ptflyer
5th Aug 2010, 11:55
MrMask - check out AW press release copied below

Cheers
ptflyer

AgustaWestland Training Academy achieves Flight Training Organisation certification

21/07/10

AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the "Alessandro Marchetti" Training Academy headquartered in Sesto Calende (Italy) has been awarded Flight Training Organisation (FTO) certification by ENAC (Italian Civil Aviation Authority). Becoming a FTO in accordance with JAA (Joint Aviation Authorities) standards will enable AgustaWestland to further expand its range of training solutions, to now include basic training courses for pilots. As a FTO the Training Academy will be able to supply Private Pilot Licence (PPL(H)/Night Qualification) courses and instrument ratings on multi-engine helicopters (MEIR(H)) through to commercial pilot licences with instrument ratings (CPL(H)/IR - ATP(H)).
Trainees will be offered comprehensive packages consisting of classroom led instruction, use of advanced training devices such as a flight navigation procedural trainer and flight simulators. Flying will be conducted on single engine AB206 helicopters and twin engine AW109 Power helicopters. Courses will be delivered in Sesto Calende while flight activities will take place at AgustaWestland's nearby Vergiate plant.
Achieving this certification will allow AgustaWestland to further enhance its level of training services to serve its growing customer base worldwide, particularly to support new markets and help operators start new services and business opportunities. AgustaWestland provides the widest range of helicopter training services utilising the most advanced training aids at its training academies located in Italy and the UK and full flight simulator training through its Rotorsim joint venture facilities located in Italy and USA.
The company enjoys an enviable track record in successfully training both commercial and military pilots and maintainers from all over the world. Training programmes are tailored to meet a customer's individual needs and operational requirements using established analytical processes.

tottigol
5th Aug 2010, 19:41
I confirm that there are only two AW-139 FFS, one in Sesto and one in Whippany.
There is one A-109, one LUH and another space for the NH-90.
No quick change artistry.
From reliable sources.:E

helopat
5th Aug 2010, 19:58
It is a stone cold fact that the simulators, both in Sesto and NJ are modular. The simulator motion unit can take a "module" for either AW109 or AW139...one box out, another box in. Truly grand scale "plug and play".

HP

9Aplus
5th Aug 2010, 21:20
Yep, simple as that :)

tottigol
6th Aug 2010, 01:23
I have not been to Sesto lately, if that is the program then it could also accommodate future upcoming training requirements for the 149.

MrMask
9th Aug 2010, 13:00
MrMask - check out AW press release copied below

Cheers
ptflyer

AgustaWestland Training Academy achieves Flight Training Organisation certification

21/07/10

AgustaWestland, a Finmeccanica company, is pleased to announce that the "Alessandro Marchetti" Training Academy headquartered in Sesto Calende (Italy) has been awarded Flight Training Organisation (FTO) certification by ENAC (Italian Civil Aviation Authority). Becoming a FTO in accordance with JAA (Joint Aviation Authorities) standards will enable AgustaWestland to further expand its range of training solutions, to now include basic training courses for pilots. As a FTO the Training Academy will be able to supply Private Pilot Licence (PPL(H)/Night Qualification) courses and instrument ratings on multi-engine helicopters (MEIR(H)) through to commercial pilot licences with instrument ratings (CPL(H)/IR - ATP(H)).
Trainees will be offered comprehensive packages consisting of classroom led instruction, use of advanced training devices such as a flight navigation procedural trainer and flight simulators. Flying will be conducted on single engine AB206 helicopters and twin engine AW109 Power helicopters. Courses will be delivered in Sesto Calende while flight activities will take place at AgustaWestland's nearby Vergiate plant.
Achieving this certification will allow AgustaWestland to further enhance its level of training services to serve its growing customer base worldwide, particularly to support new markets and help operators start new services and business opportunities. AgustaWestland provides the widest range of helicopter training services utilising the most advanced training aids at its training academies located in Italy and the UK and full flight simulator training through its Rotorsim joint venture facilities located in Italy and USA.
The company enjoys an enviable track record in successfully training both commercial and military pilots and maintainers from all over the world. Training programmes are tailored to meet a customer's individual needs and operational requirements using established analytical processes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ptflyer thank,though it seems one of them. But it seems almost more a promotion than a description. Besides, I found what I said. I enclose some of their remarried to my specific question about it.

Dear Sirs.

this is what you stated during the event for the presentation of the new FTO. I would like for others to have more news on possible .... for example: start the course, duration, payment, etc. etc.. The more news on possible are welcome. By the way: on your website, talk to trading simulator, on the various models on the market of your company, but not the FTO course, though this was, you just made. I await news on when it will be possible, and please sign it to: [email protected] private email to which you expose your question.

Ps:

I just wanted to emphasize that I am already holding a 5...h already under my belt. (Think of a few for ATP or CPL (H)), but we try at least. Thanking for answers on which you provide, I offer my best wishes.

forgot ...... I'm Italian.

This is one of their answers:

Hello,

In order to able to respond comprehensively and most responsive to its prerogatives on the training activities offered both as an FTO as TRTO that, we ask you kindly specify the type of training which is concerned as well as send a copy of its license to allow a 'careful analysis of the skills already possessed.

Only when we know the objective trainer has set, we give the requested information.

With the occasion Yours sincerely

not insert the names of those who wrote to me for privacy.

after numerous beat and replies, responses and counter responses, and after having carried out through the many rules jar reference, I replied as follows:

Hello,

Thank you for pointing, interest and information provided to us, but we are sorry to report that, at present, the courses you have requested has already been responsible for training of personnel of those customers which have linked the purchase of helicopters .

Then why, again inquires about, what is for them or TRTO FTO. The answer is the literal translation of acronyms that individual component.

The rest at this point, it's all say. Who to contact and what information request to reach the ATP or CPL (H)

My answers to this question will be like soon.
Someone told me to turn to YOYO, others give up, others to pursue the dream.

You?

P.s. I forgot! My brain, however, does not stop to think several times a day thing, despite a late age.
ONE HEAD IS HARD, WE WANT TO DO ?:ugh: