PDA

View Full Version : My plan.. Thoghts?

A320Dreamer
4th Aug 2010, 00:25
Hello!

I'll start with a small introduction to myself:
My name is Edwin, I live in Sweden and is 15 years old.
I've been interested in aviation since I first flew on a B767 when I was four years old. But only last year my interest grew dramatically and I started to learn a few things. I have since then enrolled in a gliding course, but have not started yet.

Now, I've started this thread to get some feedback on my plan on becoming a professional pilot.

Basically my plan is;

Apply to an aviation mechanics high school, we have 7 here in Sweden and my grades meet all of their requirements.

After high school, I'll hopefully get a job as a mechanic, work for a year of to before I will head off to the UK, or US for a degree in aeronautical engineering.

Then, return to Sweden and start training for my licenses. After that I will probably do some Instructing to gain some hours, in order to eventually join the rest of you unemployed pilots.

Now, the feedback I would like from you is general tips and ways to do things better/different.

I also have some questions:

Would it be better if I started my PPL while studying? Or perhaps when working?

Is my choice of degree wrong. Should I get something more safe to fall back on in case I loose my job?

Where is it best/cheapest to get your degree, US or UK?

Now, please don't think of me as another arrogant teenager who things it's just to get a license and start flying A380's for Emirates, because I'm really not. I know it's a hard industry to make it in, and the competition is very tough and the job isn't as rewarding as one might think (i.e Long hours, low pay, furlough in an economy crisis.) I really do appreciate any help I might get and any feed back from you.

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Edwin S.