PDA

View Full Version : Tohoair EC-135 for Inception film

chopper2004
2nd Aug 2010, 13:09
Watched Inception at the cinema last night, and saw what I thought was 2 different filming locations for the white (what I perceived as the Tohoair) EC-135 lifting off the top of the skyscroper in Tokyo with Leonardo Di Capio, his colleague and the dodgy Japanese businessman who was their victim now employer.

Then when the 135 supposedly landed at Tokyo Airport's business aviation area, i thought it looked like Farnborough's TAG Aviation hangar (on Internet Movie Database, it mentions Farnborough is one of Inception's fliming locations) albeit with the Japanese registered white EC-135 lifting off.

So in conclusion I take it that there were two EC-135 for that scene, one locally based over there and here!! :ok:

Forgot to note down the serial number of the tail when i was atching it though.
The only reason why I am assuming its a Tohoair 135 is I have their company brochure and their 135 is white but I could (and most probably!!) wrong.

The last couple of movies I've seen EC-135 in has been 007 Tommorrow Never Dies BMW drive scene at 'Hamburg Airport' (which was actually filmed in STansted and the 135 was one of the prototypes by ECD that was specially flown across here for the movie) and 007 The World is Not Enough
and The Translator (Farmingdale LLC EC-135 in white and black/red trim and havign FBI logos/decals on it)