PDA

View Full Version : Heli fly-in Halfpenny Green

1helicopterppl
2nd Aug 2010, 12:15
I understand it is proposed to have a heli fly-in at Halfpenny Green on 8 Aug ?

I am thinking of attending but wonder how this event has been promoted ? Do any ppruner's have any info or plan to attend ?

Clitheroe Kid
2nd Aug 2010, 12:31
Ill be there in an Enstrom 480 and know of a couple of others who will attend.
Details are on their web site Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport (http://www.wolverhamptonairport.co.uk/#/forthcoming-events/4534671945)

parasite drag
2nd Aug 2010, 13:20
Not meaning to be negative ..but .....Quote: "Helicopter Fly-in. Lots of aircraft with too many moving parts." doesn't really constitue "details".....:bored:

JTobias
2nd Aug 2010, 19:37
I'm planning on going

Joel :ok:

TornadoWilkes
3rd Aug 2010, 12:53
Cheers for the headsup. Is it Heliflight organising? Got my PPL there but haven't been for a few years so will be nice to see the old gang.

172 driver
4th Aug 2010, 11:01
Half price landings for all helis - the more, the merrier!

Nothing special planned, but it seemed to us that helicopter flyers often get forgotten about when it comes to aerodrome activities. Cafe open all day.

RotaryPilotUK
4th Aug 2010, 22:00
Is it Heliflight organising?

Don't be silly, Heliflight don't organise anything these days! :sad:

I'll be there!

RotaryPilotUK
4th Aug 2010, 22:02
Facebook page for EGBO here ...

Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolverhampton-Halfpenny-Green-Airport/94946916478)

And an event page with not many people invited ...

Helicopter Fly-in | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=100670633310637)

RotaryPilotUK
8th Aug 2010, 17:10
Well that was a bit of a washout.

Hello to the R44 pilot I bumped into there, sorry I didn't get your name!

Clitheroe Kid
8th Aug 2010, 17:37
Only four heli's there and three of those were from Barton. I took the Hughes 500 which went tech and had to get a lift back with Joel in the JetRanger. Forgot to pay my landing fee as well. I'll call them tomorrow.

JTobias
8th Aug 2010, 17:59
Steve

No need to pay your landing fee if you're visiting PDG. Which you now are ! :p

My apologies to the R44 pilot that introduced himself to me, I wandered over to see some of my pals who had been waiting for me for over an hour and before I knew it you'd gone. Pls PM me your contact details.

Regrettably the Hughes 500 has gone tech ( I suspect it will not stay that way for more than 60 seconds tomorrow, but never the less - I was not flying it at the time :p:p)

Very disappointed that 3 of the 4 helis (that I know of) that made the trip down were from EGCB. As my machine is maintained at Wolverhampton, I hardly needed another trip there !!

Why does no one else bother going ?

Joel:{

1helicopterppl
8th Aug 2010, 18:48
Joel, it was nice to meet you albeit briefly as we had to depart. great to see the 500 & shame it went tech, I have some nice pics. contact me & I will post them.

safe flying.

[email protected]

parasite drag
8th Aug 2010, 19:47
for me..it was just too far...sorry guys

muffin
9th Aug 2010, 08:39
I was intending to go, but it was so poorly advertised and promoted that I thought it would probably be a washout in terms of attendance. I rang Heliflight there and they did not know anything about it so I decided to give it a miss.

John R81
9th Aug 2010, 09:30
Too far (Redhill). Would it help to hold this at similar time to the CPOP or would that reduce numbers even further? I did travel to CPOP and a stop-off on the trip would make more sense for me given the distance.

RotaryPilotUK
9th Aug 2010, 15:17
I got some photos of G-HIZZ flying in if the pilot would like a copy.

JTobias
9th Aug 2010, 20:21
Re - G-HIZZ

I'm sure the pilot would love some photos.
I'll tell her to PM you.

Joel :ok:

Chopperman
10th Aug 2010, 17:16
I was on board G-HIZZ and there seemed to be more people on the ground looking up than in the sky looking down